*********2018 Cycling Thread********

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this Zwift work, do you pay a subscription?

yeah, it was £8 p/month (still is for existing subs) or £12 p/month now for new subs

your trainer connects to your pc/laptop by using your phone as a bridge

if you have a dumb trainer you need to buy a speed and cadence system for it to 'guesstimate' your power (poor people option)

if you have a smart trainer it uses the figures from that

if you have a powermeter it uses the figures from that

if you have a super duper smart trainer it will vary the resistance when going up hills, and some of them even have motor assist for extra realism on the downhills (if you have a super super duper duper smart trainer)

Don' do it. I never give kudos to turbo rides. It's too high a price to pay.
Me neither if you can't go out there and freeze your nads off you're not worthy.

yeah, it was £8 p/month (still is for existing subs) or £12 p/month now for new subs

your trainer connects to your pc/laptop by using your phone as a bridge

if you have a dumb trainer you need to buy a speed and cadence system for it to 'guesstimate' your power (poor people option)

if you have a smart trainer it uses the figures from that

if you have a powermeter it uses the figures from that

if you have a super duper smart trainer it will vary the resistance when going up hills, and some of them even have motor assist for extra realism on the downhills (if you have a super super duper duper smart trainer)
Which will be more money than a couple of weeks in Malaga every year, know what I prefer ;)

Last edited:
Me neither if you can't go out there and freeze your nads off you're not worthy.

Which will be more money than a couple of weeks in Malaga every year, know what I prefer ;)

i pay more for my World of warcraft sub than i do for zwift - one will hopefully help me shift a stone, neither will get me any sunshine mind

:)

It was more the cost of the extra super doopa turbo trainer I commented on.

well prices are dropping, and the 2-way smart trainer i posted earlier is actually cheaper than what i paid for my dumb trainer plus sensors the xmas before last

Sounds great and I'm tempted but a decent smart trainer is £500+ and then £12 a month subscription. I think I'll pass and just get out on the bike in all weathers.
I'm finding it's a very expensive past-time :lol: Spend a small fortune on a carbon road bike and off you go, but no, then you need a winter bike, then upgrade your wheels £500, next a Garmin £400 and this year, everyone's telling me I need a power meter another £500. Sometimes I think a coke habit would've been cheaper.

I tell everyone who will listen that you will get zero kudos from Ceejay. You are not f***ing worthy, and he is hard as fuck.

right on the fact that I'm not dishing out kudos, but very wrong suggesting I'm any sort of hardman on the bike:lol:
Think I've given @Walter Ego and @Hitchin Exile some in the past( fully deserving mind) ;)

Sounds great and I'm tempted but a decent smart trainer is £500+ and then £12 a month subscription. I think I'll pass and just get out on the bike in all weathers.
I'm finding it's a very expensive past-time :lol: Spend a small fortune on a carbon road bike and off you go, but no, then you need a winter bike, then upgrade your wheels £500, next a Garmin £400 and this year, everyone's telling me I need a power meter another £500. Sometimes I think a coke habit would've been cheaper.

Rubbish

Forget about Garmin/smart trainer/power meter etc bollocks. Buy a quality bike (maybe second hand) and ride it. Still have money for coke

Forget about Garmin/smart trainer/power meter etc bollocks. Buy a quality bike (maybe second hand) and ride it. Still have money for coke

This.....its expensive as you want it to be.

I'm on the lookout atm as Jan/Feb are in my experience good months to sniff out a bargain. Been several that have cropped up....all on the small side so far though.

This.....its expensive as you want it to be.

I'm on the lookout atm as Jan/Feb are in my experience good months to sniff out a bargain. Been several that have cropped up....all on the small side so far though.

Right about bargains at this time of year...done all my buying in last few weeks
Self build ( or rather get the lbs to do it ;))
Can sometimes work out miles cheaper...the current “project” I’ve worked out will be about a 800-1000 cheaper than if I’d bought it complete

Haven't the first clue about cycling although i am going to see the final leg of the Tour de France this summer, standing at Norwegian corner (not sure if that means anything to anyone.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back