**** 2017 Cycling Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody use a roller for training ?

nah...while you can get them with resistance they're generally not good for intervals/big efforts
Do have their benefits mind( meant to improve technique and bike handling) but prefer my turbo

I really liked my rollers. Great for tempo stuff. Wouldn't want to do sprintervals on them.

Could have done with them today. Did 20km along the Clyde to spin the legs out from yesterday's escapades.

Its impressive how many pros are using Zwift. Cavendish/Rowe/Kennaugh were all on it this afternoon. I would be tempted if I was soft.

Its impressive how many pros are using Zwift. Cavendish/Rowe/Kennaugh were all on it this afternoon. I would be tempted if I was soft.

A lad at work ( done Ironman Kona and strong rider) only ever rides indoors and with Zwift :eek:

But aye it is v popular

Anyone on here use a wahoo kickr with Zwift? I’m having a few technical issues and I’m about to volley the f***ing thing out the garage door imminently

Anyone on here use a wahoo kickr with Zwift? I’m having a few technical issues and I’m about to volley the f***ing thing out the garage door imminently
Where's your garage door? I'll catch it. :lol:

I've been umming and ahhring over taking the plunge and getting one. But I need a bigger paper round at the moment. What model do you have?

Aye can thrash myself with a turbo, speed sensor and hr monitor...;)
Do look good though

only downside to have a basic trainer is i done my first race on zwift the other night...

not only was i not categorised in my w/kg category (put in the zpower category instead) they also 'suggetsed' i upgrade my cat for the next race because they had me 0.01 above the cat i chose

my first chuffing race, and i finished a minute behind the cat winner

feels like i've had the fun sucked out striaght away

Question for the serious SMB cyclists ...
My mate is a very good veteran club runner (53 mins for 10 mile , 71min half marathon), at moment he’s injured and is out cycling a lot , the bastard also appears to be a good cyclist , doing about 22mph for an hour on an undulating loop . He’s asked me what speed do the really good cyclists maintain for an hour (or heart rate?) , what on a bike equates to running 5-530 minute miles ? I haven’t a clue but thought someone on here might ?

Question for the serious SMB cyclists ...
My mate is a very good veteran club runner (53 mins for 10 mile , 71min half marathon), at moment he’s injured and is out cycling a lot , the bastard also appears to be a good cyclist , doing about 22mph for an hour on an undulating loop . He’s asked me what speed do the really good cyclists maintain for an hour (or heart rate?) , what on a bike equates to running 5-530 minute miles ? I haven’t a clue but thought someone on here might ?

Just so many variables....weight, course, etc

Also what's the definition of really good ?
Good domestic riders( including roadies) will be knocking out sub 50 minute 25 time trials ( yes it will be with aero kit/bikes etc). So that's 30 mph...not for the hour mind, but wouldnt be a lot lower

The missus was a 80 minute half marathon so guessing for gender equivalent not that far apart ? and she was doing 56 minute 25's
Basically haven't got a f***ing clue.....22 mph for a hour not shabby, but reckon a few on here would manage that(@Hitchin Exile etc) does that...

That’s cracking time ,Which club was she in ?

Strollers for short time.....power of 10 has her with 83 minute half...
But I've been there( in cold/rain ;)) watching her go quicker

Btw it's not Michael O is it you're on about ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back