**** 2017 Cycling Thread ****

No. Will Pm you

Your inbox is full :lol:

Emptied

Just so many variables....weight, course, etc

Also what's the definition of really good ?
Good domestic riders( including roadies) will be knocking out sub 50 minute 25 time trials ( yes it will be with aero kit/bikes etc). So that's 30 mph...not for the hour mind, but wouldnt be a lot lower

The missus was a 80 minute half marathon so guessing for gender equivalent not that far apart ? and she was doing 56 minute 25's
Basically haven't got a f***ing clue.....22 mph for a hour not shabby, but reckon a few on here would manage that(@Hitchin Exile etc) does that...

And many others too numerous to mention..MT, and the likes

Last edited:
A reminder for anyone interested..it's the National Hill climb this Sunday at Hedley on the Hill ( nr Stocksfield)

Good to watch, and should be a cracking atmosphere.

Closed roadsl, big crowds and commentary etc will make it canny to watch

Euro thing. Started in France didn't it, it's a continuation of the original TdF. Audax UK was set up to allow British riders to ride Paris Brest Paris (You have to qualify by doing a 200, 300, 400 and a 600). Also, it's a bit of a jump from 100, 200 to 300 miles :lol:

Euro thing. Started in France didn't it, it's a continuation of the original TdF. Audax UK was set up to allow British riders to ride Paris Brest Paris (You have to qualify by doing a 200, 300, 400 and a 600). Also, it's a bit of a jump from 100, 200 to 300 miles :lol:

Yeah the name didn’t suggest British, if it was however there wouldn’t be a chance it would be in Km’s
Aye but of a jump in miles I suppose...100/200/300 et

Instead of riding home from Darlo, I got the train to Durham for a couple of beers and rode home from there.

You should have played out, it's a great route.
I have done 50 mile this week, over three days. I would struggle with a glass flat 100k with a tail wind :(

Lots of new bits of rd. being laid. Nice to see, and lovely to ride on. Just been down to cox green and that whole length is perfect now.
Follingsby roundabout recently done, though i did'nt think it was too bad anyway. Bits of Follingsby lane desperately need doing.
The bit coming down off Shiney roundabout towards station rd is ropey as hell. Not been up they lately so may have been done.
Roads dept. must have got a load of new funds.
Just remembered, down from Station rd bridge towards fatfield bridge also been done.

Back