**** 2017 Cycling Thread ****

That's cracking value but I do like disc brakes and there was a link to this at the bottom of the page
I would pay the extra for the one you linked myself, went looking for a picture of my Lapiere and that turned up. Couldn't get a decent Ali one for these prices not long a go. Discs on my Rose are brilliant, and am tempted to get a set o road wheels for it, just to see what it can do. Not atm like love my nobblies on these crappy roads, and the option to get off them on to the trails.

Looks spot on, shame I'm skint All spent up on my Lapiere. Just seen this Carbon road bike for under £800

That' amazing value..the only upgrade I'd make would be to brakes and tyres..
Was tempted myself

Now this morning was rather chilly
:eek:

Waiting for Walter to say he was out in shorts and short sleeved Jersey ;)

Got a wee bonus from work. Debating whether to get some power meter pedals:
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/06/favero-assioma-uno-duo-bepro-gen2.html
Or one of them new fangled turbo trainers with zwift. I reckon it'd need to be one where you take the wheel off, cos I live in flats. Thoughts? Recommendations?

i have a cheap and cheerful elite wheel on trainer and its not very loud

but then you see people on youtube on their cheap trainers and it sounds like concorde

Rode to work yesterday morning in awful conditions. Rained here about 5/6am and it literally froze the roads/cycle paths. 25/30 minute ride turned into a 1hr 10 minute walk/part cycle.

Already booked mate

Nothing specific but will do a few sportives. Can only get out once a week so thinking either increase the time I can train or get more out of it when I do

Unless training is really structured the PM will probably just become a fun but expensive gadget..
Why can you get out only once a week ? Guessing the Turbo option might be more worthwhile then

Rode to work yesterday morning in awful conditions. Rained here about 5/6am and it literally froze the roads/cycle paths. 25/30 minute ride turned into a 1hr 10 minute walk/part cycle.

Shorts ?;)

Back