**** 2017 Cycling Thread ****

With running you only need to be out 40 mins , with cycling you need 2 hrs IMO...

That bike sold by way , was about to go try it ... quest goes on

Aye you could go out for as you say 40-60 minutes for decent workout. To get the same benefits on a bike does take hours, and the hassle of getting ready etc.

Lost my commute anarl. Gonna turn into a fatty

Funny enough same as Oswald..change of jobs has knacked his commute.

Aye you could go out for as you say 40-60 minutes for decent workout. To get the same benefits on a bike does take hours, and the hassle of getting ready etc.

Funny enough same as Oswald..change of jobs has knacked his commute.
Aye. I'm just across the river now. I'll jog in I reckon when I get the gym downstairs sorted

Back on the audax treadmill... Just submitted the paperwork for a 200km ride from Hexham to Glasgow tomorrow. Now... to ride it fixed or not...

Last edited:
Back on the audax treadmill... Just submitted the paperwork for a 200km ride from Hexham to Glasgow tomorrow. Now... to ride it fixed or not...

Daft fucker...:lol:

Btw..ask around your uni or bike club mates if any of them are interested in my TT bike.
Took it into Cycleworld today for a service/cables

With running you only need to be out 40 mins , with cycling you need 2 hrs IMO...

That bike sold by way , was about to go try it ... quest goes on

Depends how much time you can throw at it.......I commute on the bike most days mon-fri, its only 30 mins each way but it all adds up. I usually add a midweek cycle club ride and a sat/sun morning blast on top mind.

@D.A

Bike back from Cycleworld and ready to sell....as are the American Classic wheels ;)

Could you clear your inbox and will send details

@Hitchin Exile
Hope you enjoyed Mallorca ( been keeping an eye out for your rides on Strava ;))
If your mate is still interested it's back from LBS ( had service, new bearings for headset, gear cabling and new brake pads)

@D.A

Bike back from Cycleworld and ready to sell....as are the American Classic wheels ;)

Could you clear your inbox and will send details

@Hitchin Exile
Hope you enjoyed Mallorca ( been keeping an eye out for your rides on Strava ;))
If your mate is still interested it's back from LBS ( had service, new bearings for headset, gear cabling and new brake pads)
Done. I'm 99% sure I'll have the wheels!

@Hitchin Exile
If your mate is still interested it's back from LBS ( had service, new bearings for headset, gear cabling and new brake pads)[/QUOTE]

Loving Mallorca, although suffering right now after 120 lumpy miles today :(:(

Haven’t heard back from my mate (which is to be expected from the useless mag-supporting twat). I’ll give him a nudge.

@Hitchin Exile

Haven’t heard back from my mate (which is to be expected from the useless mag-supporting twat). I’ll give him a nudge.[/QUOTE]

What's not to love ? ;)

How long you out there for ?

Haven’t heard back from my mate (which is to be expected from the useless mag-supporting twat). I’ll give him a nudge.

What's not to love ? ;)

How long you out there for ?[/QUOTE]

Here til Sat’day evening. Pissing down today (thankfully) so much needed rest day.

Asking a couple of people here if they’d be interested in you TT bike..

What's not to love ? ;)

How long you out there for ?

Here til Sat’day evening. Pissing down today (thankfully) so much needed rest day.

Asking a couple of people here if they’d be interested in you TT bike..[/QUOTE]

Cheers mate..
Suppose late October a bit of rain is expected ?
Suggest San Salvador climb ( SW towards Felanix I think) Note you've done Femenia descent but climb is quite nice and of course Sa Calobra..
Oh and also Santa Margalida( yet another former church on hill near Inca way)

I'm sure the people you're with have your routes sorted ;)

Back