**** 2017 Cycling Thread ****

Oohhh i don't know if i could cope. How much would you sell the disc and tri spoke for?

I reckon I can get a buyer for the TT bike...will put a photo up out of interest...
So selling the wheels separate would be last option as selling everything individually is a fanny on.

I reckon I can get a buyer for the TT bike...will put a photo up out of interest...
So selling the wheels separate would be last option as selling everything individually is a fanny on.

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

TT bike ....front Wheel of the pair...whoever I sell to can have the wheel bag joyed in ;)

Last edited:

Very nice, looks ultra aero. Sold my zipps like. Where are you, might come for a peek

Wheels or bike ? ;)

Sunderland ( behind Wavey)

Bike needs new gear cabling, and will take it into Cycleworld maybe next week. Apart from that I forgot how tasty it is. Probably see from seat post that I had a Retul fit but sure plenty of adjustment to be had :)
If you want a look at the wheels let me know....been sat in the same bedroom but I'll just slip a cassette on it and pop on a bike to make sure running ok

Still seeking a 2nd hand racing bike for a 6ft fit ... saw one recently , plant x pro carbon, couple yr old , anyone have one ? Are they more or an all rounder bike rather than a racer ?

On a separate note does anyone regularly cycle Sunderland - Newcastle ? Work thru Newcastle and toying with idea of cycling it twice a week to help with cross training and to avoid that metro , chew on finding a decent route though. Anyone do it ?

On the used plant x pro carbon he says he has replaced the bottom bracket ?
Probably needs a new chain?
105 brake calliopes pretty new ?

Last edited:
Still seeking a 2nd hand racing bike for a 6ft fit ... saw one recently , plant x pro carbon, couple yr old , anyone have one ? Are they more or an all rounder bike rather than a racer ?

On a separate note does anyone regularly cycle Sunderland - Newcastle ? Work thru Newcastle and toying with idea of cycling it twice a week to help with cross training and to avoid that metro , chew on finding a decent route though. Anyone do it ?

On the used plant x pro carbon he says he has replaced the bottom bracket ?
Probably needs a new chain?
105 brake calliopes pretty new ?

The wife has their pro carbon ( di2 version) and a very good bike.
Their pro carbon in ultegra will be on the shortlist for my next summer bike..

Wheels or bike ? ;)

Sunderland ( behind Wavey)

Bike needs new gear cabling, and will take it into Cycleworld maybe next week. Apart from that I forgot how tasty it is. Probably see from seat post that I had a Retul fit but sure plenty of adjustment to be had :)
If you want a look at the wheels let me know....been sat in the same bedroom but I'll just slip a cassette on it and pop on a bike to make sure running ok
I'd be tempted like. If I'd touched a bike in 3 months.

It’s just a standard pro carbon x pro not the Ultegra , wants £350

Depending on condition/age sounds ok
105 group set ?
Is it carbon specifically you're after ?
Just bought one of their alloy bikes as winter jobbie and can get new alloy with carbon fork ( I think) with 10 speed tiagra new for about 450

I'd be tempted like. If I'd touched a bike in 3 months.

A man of your fitness will get his legs back in A week or so man ;)

Depending on condition/age sounds ok
105 group set ?
Is it carbon specifically you're after ?
Just bought one of their alloy bikes as winter jobbie and can get new alloy with carbon fork ( I think) with 10 speed tiagra new for about 450

;)
Im under impression carbon is lighter

I cycled down to shields and back this morning on my mountain bike (thick chunky wheels) and every cyclist on a racer was effortlessly going past me

I cycled down to shields and back this morning on my mountain bike (thick chunky wheels) and every cyclist on a racer was effortlessly going past me
It is but if you're relatively new to it you won't notice much of a difference. 350 for that sounds canny mind. Assuming the condition is OK. I had an aluminium bike for 4 years before switching to carbon

It might be but I wouldn't rule out alloy bikes..the carbon fork you get with most alloy bikes will help smooth out the ride in any case.
When you see people on road bikes effortlessly flying by apart from weight it will be mainly the far bigger gears(might be strong riders anarl mind;)) and wheels obviously

When you see people on road bikes effortlessly flying by apart from weight it will be mainly the far bigger gears(might be strong riders anarl mind;)) and wheels obviously
Aye I realise there’s every chance I maybe a tortoise on the bike ... but I’m a half decent runner for my age group and swimmer so keep thinking I can’t be this shit on a bike can I ? :lol:

Aye I realise there’s every chance I maybe a tortoise on the bike ... but I’m a half decent runner for my age group and swimmer so keep thinking I can’t be this shit on a bike can I ? :lol:

Be doing tri's before you know it..
Used to enjoy running but too many injuries made me switch to bikes

Now just get different injuries ;)

Be doing tri's before you know it..
Used to enjoy running but too many injuries made me switch to bikes

Now just get different injuries ;)
I’m in a running club but it’s injuries that’s making me cycle n swim , mixing it all up, hence after a racer incase go down tri route

I’m in a running club but it’s injuries that’s making me cycle n swim , mixing it all up, hence after a racer incase go down tri route

Was the same..used to run..injuries made me turn to tri's for a short time as less running and eventually switched totally to bikes.
Used to like the convenience and ease of running.

Was the same..used to run..injuries made me turn to tri's for a short time as less running and eventually switched totally to bikes.
Used to like the convenience and ease of running.
Time is the reason I haven't been biking like. Not really fair to bugger off for 4h and leave the missus with the little one.

With running you only need to be out 40 mins , with cycling you need 2 hrs IMO...

That bike sold by way , was about to go try it ... quest goes on

Time is the reason I haven't been biking like. Not really fair to bugger off for 4h and leave the missus with the little one.

Priorities mate...,;)

Easy to say for the bloke who doesn't have kids:lol:

Family stuff part of the reason Oswald hadn't been on bike hardly this year

Back