200 best albums of the last 25 years

You have no idea how much I really like Bon Jovi and how much I just say it for effect. Mind you, Bon Jovi are a zillion times better than Bon Iver.
And shite like Deerhunter, Fleet Foxes and Yo La Tengo - ugh. Give me a break! Laughable tripe.

:lol: just a horrible list imo. Even idiots like Noel Gallagher have made better music
Have you actually listened to a lot of it? Genuinely?

Am I presuming voters will have been US based? Off the top of my head & obviously very biased to my tastes but…

Fontaines DC
Idles
PiL
Mescalroes
Primal Scream
The Coral
Shack
Young Fathers
Streets
King Blues

All released albums that piss all over some of the stuff in there.
I could think of a few but I’d probably be biased

however, Green day American idiot and Kings of Leon only by the night were huge album in the last 20 years. Seems weird that neither made the top 200

And there’s no Ed Sheeran ffs

Last edited:
Bon Jovi aren't an albums act.
As for PP...plenty there to rim mind!
I thought These Days must be on there it's a toppa album then realised it's over 25 years old 😟, and also realised the list was voted on by ultra alternative studenty types 🤷‍♂️ other sites/magazines would obviuosly end up with a different list. Still some great stuff on it like.
As for PP....yes please.

Disagree. Just because you don’t listen to the music released today (partially because it’s not in the public consciousness in the same way), it doesn’t mean there aren’t incredible records
If they were that incredible then surely they would find their way to the public consciousness in the same way that underground/indie music did in the past

Back