200 best albums of the last 25 years

Wolf Alice are a glaring omission. Particularly their latest release.

Hi young people. I'm feeling my age here.
The only albums I've heard on this list are
The White Stripes at 83
and
Dylan at 186 (which I own)

I realized a good few years ago that I might not live long enough to listen to all the music I already love, so I don't dabble in pop music any more.

I assume that the pitchfork crowd aren't middle aged gazelle wearing new build semi dwelling males from Tyne and Wear hence their selection might include what would appear to some left field or unheard of choices :p

Even some hip hop. Don't think illmatic or it takes a nation of millions are in there mind but that probably shows my age :(

Last edited:
Am I presuming voters will have been US based? Off the top of my head & obviously very biased to my tastes but…

Fontaines DC
Idles
PiL
Mescalroes
Primal Scream
The Coral
Shack
Young Fathers
Streets
King Blues

All released albums that piss all over some of the stuff in there.

Hi young people. I'm feeling my age here.
The only albums I've heard on this list are
The White Stripes at 83
and
Dylan at 186 (which I own)

I realized a good few years ago that I might not live long enough to listen to all the music I already love, so I don't dabble in pop music any more.
Apart from a couple of Radiohead albums virtually never heard of any of them.
More or less stopped listening or getting into any music after the eighties and nineties.

What a load of absolute f***ing shit. The top 10 is just Radiohead, a couple of rappers and some indie bullshit.
The same artists dominate the top

Radiohead, Kanye, Arcade Fire, Frank Ocean

Sorry like but Kanye doesn’t have 4 of the top 50 albums since 1995
Kanye on the list 7 times :rolleyes:

Seems like the last 20 years must've had some absolutely great music; i've been missing out :lol:

Absolute fanboy-ism; fair enough, there are artists who've made an impression in the last few decades, but there's no need to have everything they've ever released in the top 200 :oops:

Back