REM - New Adventures in Hi-Fi
Tool - Aenima
RHCP - Californication
2Pac - All Eyez on Me
Hole - Celebrity Skin
MF Doom/Madlib - Madvillainy
Beck - Sea Change
Dr Dre - 2001

...and loads more. Fwiw my list would have OK Computer in the top 5 somewhere, White Blood Cells and Is This It not far away too.

I'd include

Opeth - Blackwater Water Park
REM - New Adventures in Hi-Fi
Tool - Aenima
RHCP - Californication
2Pac - All Eyez on Me
Hole - Celebrity Skin
MF Doom/Madlib - Madvillainy
Beck - Sea Change
Dr Dre - 2001

...and loads more. Fwiw my list would have OK Computer in the top 5 somewhere, White Blood Cells and Is This It not far away too.
2 of those are in there

I think its a fair list if you look at it as 200 good albums. You could argue about some albums in the wrong order (Kid A above in Rainbows, blond higher than channel orange) but of the 120 or so albums on the list I've listened to they are all very good albums and everyone should try them.

Take it with a pinch of salt. If you don't like the list fine, if you do like it even better. It's not designed to annoy anyone. There's a lot of great music on it imo. Taste is very subjective and it would be a dull old world if we all liked the same things.

I’ve just been through it again. It’s obviously personal taste but a lot that I like

some ordering is out, amazingly given it’s a public vote, and it misses Mogwai and Grandaddy and Low and some others. But it’s decent imo
It misses a lot of great albums, like king gizzard, wild beasts, idles, slowthai, little simz. But if a disaster happened and that was the only 200 albums I could listen too I would be more than happy.

It misses a lot of great albums, like king gizzard, wild beasts, idles, slowthai, little simz. But if a disaster happened and that was the only 200 albums I could listen too I would be more than happy.
It’s American really.

of the ones you mentioned

king gizzard - some good stuff, but they don’t have a filter. They get diluted sadly by the sheer number of albums they release
Wild beasts - great shout
Idles - loved them for a bit, hate them now for some reason
Slowthai - don’t know well, will listen again
Little Simz - the new album is absolutely magnificent

Never really understood the appeal of The National, but there they are with every(?) album they've released in the top 200. Saw their first UK show and walked out, mind I walked out of the Nirvana Riverside show saying "They'll never amount to anything", so that shows you what I know.
Also, Solange on there but nee Beyonce?

Last edited:

Back