£9,000,000 of taxpayers money......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading a bit more about it and this isn't part of the overall amount each official campaign can spend but rather the government setting out its opinion. But it also seems to follow a precedent as during the 1975 referendum the government of the time sent out leaflets too.

But the government couldn't use public money to 'set out its opinion' for an election... so why this...

theory being that when people don't have enough information to make their mind up, they stick with what they know.
I don't think I've ever seen a proper list of pros and cons from an unbiased source. Seen loads of lists from both camps on why we should stay or go though.

I don't think I've ever seen a proper list of pros and cons from an unbiased source. Seen loads of lists from both camps on why we should stay or go though.
Never will see them either, best place to see some of the pros and cons is daily politics when it's on..always an in and out body on so he fucks both camps over for any lies they tell, and he's as sharp as a tack and pretty impartial

Andrew marr used to be ok but I get the feeling he gives the in camp a bit of an easier ride.
Question time is getting to be a waste of time as there some right balloons on the panels

Overall I get the feeling a lot of the top politicians are body swerving giving in depth interviews

but 30% will read it by your calculations. I would criticize the 70% who don't read it

I am however still waiting for a good debate on reasons for stay or leave.

Got a leaflet through the door yesterday

http://www.eureferendumfacts.org/

which looks like a leave, so that is getting paid by someone just unclear who.

to be honest I am mortified that other counties being considered to joining the eu are Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey.

Went on a holiday to Theselonika in Greece and the serbs would walk into tavernas and haggle the price of a meal. Apparently they bring all their own food and rarely buy from the greeks. Albanians are hard bunch, they had to be to survive the communist life and if they want to do something now they do it irrespective of right or wrong (and that was from an Albanian)
Thought that was very misleading as it appeared to be an official government type thing outlining facts and didn't suggest that it was paid for by the leave campaign despite the fact it clearly was to anyone who took the time to study the 'facts'.

But the government couldn't use public money to 'set out its opinion' for an election... so why this...

No idea but as they're following a precedent that's already been set that's a question for them to answer.

If anyone is a Karl Pilkington fan they will get why this leaflet government is a brilliant idea

Nah Johnson is the leader of the in group. That's been decided for quite some time iirc

My mistake @Boz33 Johnson is head of the labour in group a quick Google tells me
Tories have played a blinder. If we vote to stay the Tories are safe. If we vote out Boris will run for PM and the Tories will stay

9 million is pennies in this society to be honest, I dont really mind it being spent on informing the public. A lot of old people cannot follow things on TV or read information on the internet and need a physical document to refer back to. There are an endless amount of other things that 9 million is spent on that I would get rid of first. Andy Carroll was 35 for a start.

Great, isn't it. The stay campaign just got 130% bonus to its budget.

So now it's £16m vs £7m

Tell me how that's not corrupt???
Makes perfect sense when you have Gideon doing the maths:lol:

Nah Johnson is the leader of the in group. That's been decided for quite some time iirc

My mistake @Boz33 Johnson is head of the labour in group a quick Google tells me
Vaguely remember it from ages ago and thinking it was odd, stupid situation where there are different groups in the in and out. Shows how fucked up our politicians are, even when they agree on a stance they won't campaign together....muddies the waters even more for all concerned

Reactions: PTR
Wonder why they aren't publicising the fact that the Leave campaign is entitled to public funds too.

The campaign chosen by the elections watchdog will get access to £600,000 in public funds, TV broadcasts, free mailshots and a spending limit of £7m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35589856

Well once they've decided between themselves which of them is the official campaign anyway.

I've already had a leaflet from the leave party so they must have got their shit together already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back