£9,000,000 of taxpayers money......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Bog

Midfield
Being spent by the Government on leaflets to promote the 'Remain' campaign. Will this be seen as misuse of public monies and yet more project fear by the General public. Just asking like. Haven't made my mind up yet on which way to vote!

f***ing crazy, 9m quid. Here's an idea you bunch of chumps run a series of televised debates, each tackling different areas....free, more widely seen than leaflets and more accessible to all.

Of course call me dave has already said he won't do any tv debates...why is this? Bunch of wankers

Regardless of whether we stay in or out it's a scandal this hasn't been arranged so people can get a feel for the subject to make a more informed choice

Although I disagree with the money being used this way, 9 million would equal a one off payment of around £26 per nurse. A drop in the ocean when it comes to the NHS' budget.

However, the 9 million could have gone a long way in helping to keep a number of organisations afloat who support vulnerable people.

Ah kna, it was more the point they can throw such a large amount willynilly at such a shite idea. :lol:

Aye seen that on the news, what an absolute waste, about 70% of the population won't even read it. Should have a good old debate and get the facts out there.

but 30% will read it by your calculations. I would criticize the 70% who don't read it

I am however still waiting for a good debate on reasons for stay or leave.

Got a leaflet through the door yesterday

http://www.eureferendumfacts.org/

which looks like a leave, so that is getting paid by someone just unclear who.

to be honest I am mortified that other counties being considered to joining the eu are Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey.

Went on a holiday to Theselonika in Greece and the serbs would walk into tavernas and haggle the price of a meal. Apparently they bring all their own food and rarely buy from the greeks. Albanians are hard bunch, they had to be to survive the communist life and if they want to do something now they do it irrespective of right or wrong (and that was from an Albanian)

Although I disagree with the money being used this way, 9 million would equal a one off payment of around £26 per nurse. A drop in the ocean when it comes to the NHS' budget.

However, the 9 million could have gone a long way in helping to keep a number of organisations afloat who support vulnerable people.
Thing is that's for one leaflet, I wonder how many will actually read it, instead of thinking it's just junk mail.
Wonder if there will be more leaflet drops at a cost of 9m a pop?

£100m+ wasted on the referendum as well.

disagree. There has been so much complaining about the eu that the country had to vote either in or out to end this debate. one particular rag headlines everyday about eu or the weather. It had to be sorted one way or another.

personally I feel the eu politicians are taking us (citizens of all the countries in the eu) as mugs

disagree. There has been so much complaining about the eu that the country had to vote either in or out to end this debate. one particular rag headlines everyday about eu or the weather. It had to be sorted one way or another.

personally I feel the eu politicians are taking us (citizens of all the countries in the eu) as mugs
Even if the vote is to stay in the complete mismanagement of Europe will continue, and probably get a lot worse as more two bob countries get admitted

Personally mate, I disagree.

Not only will we vote to stay in; but it has to be said, the only reason we are having this referendum is to keep elements of the Tory party happy. It just seems a total waste of money

Even if the vote is to stay in the complete mismanagement of Europe will continue, and probably get a lot worse as more two bob countries get admitted
I agree. Its at the stage now where I don't trust any politician or media reporter

Reactions: PTR
Wonder why they aren't publicising the fact that the Leave campaign is entitled to public funds too.

The campaign chosen by the elections watchdog will get access to £600,000 in public funds, TV broadcasts, free mailshots and a spending limit of £7m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35589856

Well once they've decided between themselves which of them is the official campaign anyway.

Personally mate, I disagree.

Not only will we vote to stay in; but it has to be said, the only reason we are having this referendum is to keep elements of the Tory party happy. It just seems a total waste of money
was it 4 million people who voted for Ukip. They would disagree with you. I also think david Cameron was right to call the referendum, things were getting sidelined and just blaming the EU. The press had a lot to answer for stirring things up. The eu themselves have not helped, there accounts have not been signed off for many years.

Wonder why they aren't publicising the fact that the Leave campaign is entitled to public funds too.

The campaign chosen by the elections watchdog will get access to £600,000 in public funds, TV broadcasts, free mailshots and a spending limit of £7m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35589856

Well once they've decided between themselves which of them is the official campaign anyway.

Tories dont do spending limits when it comes to elections, even when it means breaking election law, the rules dont apply to them :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back