£9,000,000 of taxpayers money......

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone said why don't they get experts on to give the facts; the Governor of the Bank of England did just that and cos it didn't fit the 'out' message, he was shouted down by the likes of Farage.

Why do you single out nurses out of all the NHS staff? By just being a nurse does that mean you should receive a large pay rise by default?

They deserve a rise far more than the managers or MPs etc

Two of my immediate family work in hospitals and both say the opposite.

As with all professions you will get some who go beyond the call of duty and are extremely dedicated but I can't stand the facebook rhetoric of all nurses are angels and deserve huge pay rises.

When you say "work in hospitals", what do they do?

i still dont know any proper reasons to leave or stay.....dont even think the government know what truely will happen either way

so many if's and but's at the minute theres no way for a balanced argument

its a case of is the grass really greener on the other side...and if we only find out by moving, we have pretty much burnt the bridge we walked over

But what if the pro-eu information they are circulating is actually factual?
They may be, but the factual disadvantages of staying in the EU aren't mentioned, nor are the factual advantages of leaving. It's a one sided biased document designed to manipulate the public into voting a certain way. It's not the information that the public wanted.

And they still don't feel they deserved to be better looked after? They're in the wrong job.
Mrs K is a Staff Sister in Dermatology and is massively overworked.

I don't doubt that certain departments like A&E will be massively under the cosh and they do deserve more. My brother is an Ophthalmologist at Kings in London and whenever I speak to him he is less than complimentary about some of the nurses and support staff. Mrs Pop has been at St James' in Leeds for two months and I have already had several stories of elderly people being left to soil themselves/being ignored and it was not down to the nurses being overworked.

Let's just ignore all that though, they are all angels, hands off our NHS, Tory bastards etc.

I don't doubt that certain departments like A&E will be massively under the cosh and they do deserve more. My brother is an Ophthalmologist at Kings in London and whenever I speak to him he is less than complimentary about some of the nurses and support staff. Mrs Pop has been at St James' in Leeds for two months and I have already had several stories of elderly people being left to soil themselves/being ignored and it was not down to the nurses being overworked.

Again, I'd say a lot of it comes down to the managers, but there's no excuse for some of it.

Let's just ignore all that though, they are all angels, hands off our NHS, Tory bastards etc.

Yes. Let's. All those who have ever dealt with me or looked after me - nurses that is, I've only had 1 consultant I'd slap, but he was a bit daft - other than that they're all awesome.

Two of my immediate family work in hospitals and both say the opposite.

As with all professions you will get some who go beyond the call of duty and are extremely dedicated but I can't stand the facebook rhetoric of all nurses are angels and deserve huge pay rises.

I f***ing dispear.

Jesus.

Ophthalmologist and Pharmacy ACT on the wards, some of the stuff my wife tells me is horrifying.
Get the fuck out man.

Pharmacy in a hospital doesn't give you any insight into the nursing profession.

I f***ing dispear.

Jesus.

Get the fuck out man.

Pharmacy in a hospital doesn't give you any insight into the nursing profession.

She is based on the same wards every day and not in the main pharmacy, is my brother who works in Ophthalmology lying as well?

Again, I'd say a lot of it comes down to the managers, but there's no excuse for some of it.

Yes. Let's. All those who have ever dealt with me or looked after me - nurses that is, I've only had 1 consultant I'd slap, but he was a bit daft - other than that they're all awesome.

Myth.

Last edited:
someone said why don't they get experts on to give the facts; the Governor of the Bank of England did just that and cos it didn't fit the 'out' message, he was shouted down by the likes of Farage.
.. But wasn't the boss of the CBI
or some such business organisation sacked for saying we were better off out of it!..

The more I think about this the less I think it makes any sense.

Why is this 'the position of the government?' Surely if the government were going to spend money on leaflets they should be knocked up independently and should illustrate each sides strongest and weakest arguments and then let people decide. But saying 'we're doing this to give people more information' while conceding the leaflet is one-sided is completely disingenuous.

I have no problem with each campaign raising their own money and sending out leaflets, and each campaign being given the same amount of funding etc. but the Tories spending £9m of state money to put forward only one side of the argument is a joke like, regardless of what the fuck we did in the 1970's.

I f***ing dispear.

Jesus.

Get the fuck out man.

Really? I don't think that you know what pharmacy in a hospital really is. As has been stated already pharmacists and pharmacy technicians now spend most of their time on the wards and in the case of pharmacists are only rotated in to the dispensary. This is 2016 you know!

Being spent by the Government on leaflets to promote the 'Remain' campaign. Will this be seen as misuse of public monies and yet more project fear by the General public. Just asking like. Haven't made my mind up yet on which way to vote!

I thought it was illegal to spend taxpayer money on political campaigning/advertising?

How is it only costing £9m for 27m homes?

Second class stamp is 53p, so there's 27m x £0.53 = £14,310,000 before you take owt else into account :confused:

Or do they get a special Junk Mail rate off the PO?

How is it only costing £9m for 27m homes?

Second class stamp is 53p, so there's 27m x £0.53 = £14,310,000 before you take owt else into account :confused:

Or do they get a special Junk Mail rate off the PO?

You'd hope you'd be able to negotiate a discounted rate to deliver to everyone's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back