£9,000,000 of taxpayers money......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder why they aren't publicising the fact that the Leave campaign is entitled to public funds too.

The campaign chosen by the elections watchdog will get access to £600,000 in public funds, TV broadcasts, free mailshots and a spending limit of £7m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35589856

Well once they've decided between themselves which of them is the official campaign anyway.
Party political broadcasts for in or out can be made to look like the other option is madness. Debates on different portions of the whole thing between the in and out would be far more beneficial.
So one on trade, one on immigration, one on security, etc etc with someone like Andrew Neil or dimbleby chairing them and keeping them on track to stop too much bullshit from either side
People would engage more with that than a leaflet or a 5 min political broadcast.

Tories dont do spending limits when it comes to elections, even when it means breaking election law, the rules dont apply to them :lol:

No but Boris Johnson has just been on saying how public money shouldn't be used for this.

So I look forward to him and his leave campaign using it freely.

f***ing crazy, 9m quid. Here's an idea you bunch of chumps run a series of televised debates, each tackling different areas....free, more widely seen than leaflets and more accessible to all.

Of course call me dave has already said he won't do any tv debates...why is this? Bunch of wankers

Regardless of whether we stay in or out it's a scandal this hasn't been arranged so people can get a feel for the subject to make a more informed choice
I just said that!

Party political broadcasts for in or out can be made to look like the other option is madness. Debates on different portions of the whole thing between the in and out would be far more beneficial.
So one on trade, one on immigration, one on security, etc etc with someone like Andrew Neil or dimbleby chairing them and keeping them on track to stop too much bullshit from either side
People would engage more with that than a leaflet or a 5 min political broadcast.

I would love to sit down and listen to a good debate. However it was very clear a the election that the girls got together and mugged the others

Can't afford to give the nurses a payrise...
Fuckin' chomp... :lol:

Not really relevant is it?

There are over 300k nurses in this country, that £9mil would be less than £30 each. That £9mil is a one off too, not annual like a rise.

Let's be realistic, if the establishment wanted us out of Europe there wouldn't be a referendum, we'd just be out. The referendum was a vote winning pledge, Blair weaselled out of it and was criticised by the Tories, they'll give us the vote because of that but don't need to support it. They are going to use every resource they reasonably can to keep us in.

Fuckin' chomp... :lol:

Not really relevant is it?

There are over 300k nurses in this country, that £9mil would be less than £30 each. That £9mil is a one off too, not annual like a rise.

Let's be realistic, if the establishment wanted us out of Europe there wouldn't be a referendum, we'd just be out. The referendum was a vote winning pledge, Blair weaselled out of it and was criticised by the Tories, they'll give us the vote because of that but don't need to support it. They are going to use every resource they reasonably can to keep us in.
theory being that when people don't have enough information to make their mind up, they stick with what they know.

The stay campaign seems to be getting increasingly desperate as the polls show the result as too close to call. I'm at least getting pleasure from watching them squirm. I can't imagine my joy should we vote to leave.

i have never seen so many government tv adverts. 50p pay rise, how much you can make from being a teacher, the pension law change, all propaganda.

all cost a few million to make and keep showing. all fair and the right thing to do though.

Wonder why they aren't publicising the fact that the Leave campaign is entitled to public funds too.

The campaign chosen by the elections watchdog will get access to £600,000 in public funds, TV broadcasts, free mailshots and a spending limit of £7m.

Well once they've decided between themselves which of them is the official campaign anyway.

I've not decided one way or the other, but it was reported on sky news that this is 9 million extra on top of the public funds already agreed for both sides.

Being spent by the Government on leaflets to promote the 'Remain' campaign. Will this be seen as misuse of public monies and yet more project fear by the General public. Just asking like. Haven't made my mind up yet on which way to vote!
No.

Being spent by the Government on leaflets to promote the 'Remain' campaign. Will this be seen as misuse of public monies and yet more project fear by the General public. Just asking like. Haven't made my mind up yet on which way to vote!

Propaganda campaign of shame.

And we're paying for it!

so the in campaign get 9m and the leave get 7m?

so the in campaign get 9m and the leave get 7m?

Reading a bit more about it and this isn't part of the overall amount each official campaign can spend but rather the government setting out its opinion. But it also seems to follow a precedent as during the 1975 referendum the government of the time sent out leaflets too.

Why can't we just get a group of experts from all fields that would be effected who aren't biased and have them debate it then vote on it. Cause I genuinely couldn't tell you what staying in or leaving would actually do, and I've looked into it heavily and consider myself fairly bright. Asking the country to vote on this who many will just vote cause they believe this rules about bananas bollox will not end well.

Why can't we just get a group of experts from all fields that would be effected who aren't biased and have them debate it then vote on it. Cause I genuinely couldn't tell you what staying in or leaving would actually do, and I've looked into it heavily and consider myself fairly bright. Asking the country to vote on this who many will just vote cause they believe this rules about bananas bollox will not end well.

Truth be told nobody can be close to certain what will happen if we vote to stay or leave

I would love to sit down and listen to a good debate. However it was very clear a the election that the girls got together and mugged the others
We all would but I'd bet my house Cameron won't sit down and have a proper grilling from a decent political journalist, if he won't do open debates, all we will get is prepared statements with various shades of truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back