£9,000,000 of taxpayers money......

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I am making a very serious point, one which you understand. You have said that it is EU's stated aim of creating a Federalist State - that is an expression of fact by you. This will influence people to vote No if people take it as fact. However, it is quite clear from your posts that it is an opinion of yours, stated as fact. You may be able to point to certain happenings to back up your opinion and other may agree but you have exhibited something which is a real problem, in my opinion. This is not semantics at all but, as I say, a very serious point I am making, which I think you should acknowledge. I will drop this now but it is pretty disappointing when in the past I think we have had decent debate from different standpoints.
I said in my OP im not trying to influence anyone and I accept your point of view. I really cant understand what you are debating about? We are headed to a federal state its in black and white and any number of treaties have brought us closer to it.
"Since the 1950s, European integration has seen the development of a supranational system of governance, as its institutions move further from the concept of simple intergovernmentalism and more towards a federalized system. However, with the Maastricht Treaty of 1992, new intergovernmental elements have been introduced alongside the more federal systems, making it more difficult to define the European Union (the EU). The European Union, which operates through a hybrid system of intergovernmentalism and supranationalism, is not officially a federation – though various academic observers regard it as having the characteristics of a federal system"
Does that help?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-in-a-few-years-says-Jose-Manuel-Barroso.html
Or that?

I said in my OP im not trying to influence anyone and I accept your point of view. I really cant understand what you are debating about? We are headed to a federal state its in black and white and any number of treaties have brought us closer to it.
"Since the 1950s, European integration has seen the development of a supranational system of governance, as its institutions move further from the concept of simple intergovernmentalism and more towards a federalized system. However, with the Maastricht Treaty of 1992, new intergovernmental elements have been introduced alongside the more federal systems, making it more difficult to define the European Union (the EU). The European Union, which operates through a hybrid system of intergovernmentalism and supranationalism, is not officially a federation – though various academic observers regard it as having the characteristics of a federal system"
Does that help?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-in-a-few-years-says-Jose-Manuel-Barroso.html
Or that?
Fair enough and thanks.

Being spent by the Government on leaflets to promote the 'Remain' campaign. Will this be seen as misuse of public monies and yet more project fear by the General public. Just asking like. Haven't made my mind up yet on which way to vote!

All they will do is prey on people's fears. The other day they tried to say BREXIT will mean the end of cheap flights for holidays to Europe.

I'm waiting for the line about how we can all return to pounds shillings and pence, if only we were out of the EU.

All they will do is prey on people's fears. The other day they tried to say BREXIT will mean the end of cheap flights for holidays to Europe.

I'm waiting for the line about how we can all return to pounds shillings and pence, if only we were out of the EU.
I still measure stuff in imperial, that'll teach the metric bastards:evil:

From the BBC link,

"Labour MP Gisela Stuart, who chairs pro-exit campaign group Vote Leave, said: "This is not the facts, it is a misleading government propaganda campaign paid for by hard-working taxpayers who would rather see their money spent on their priorities."

She said the public wanted "an honest debate" not "an attempt by the prime minister to buy the referendum result" with taxpayers' money.

London Mayor Boris Johnson - a prominent figure in the exit campaign - claimed it showed the government did not want "a fair fight"
while the Conservative former minister Liam Fox, who plans to launch an online petition to secure a debate in Parliament on the issue, said the government was effectively "doubling the funding for one side - ie the Remain campaign."

Apart from it being a shocking waste of taxpayers money, many whom oppose the EU anyway,
Its an official govt document supposedly representing the govt view,
yet likely won't mention the fact that at least eight govt ministers and many govt MPs strongly oppose it.
More Cameron hypocrisy, though I suppose he thought better of putting his his name to it with the gathering Panama shitstorm.

Just had a photo of Borini on my FB feed claiming it'd somehow have an affect of him if we left the EU. Fuck mail shots, that's me sold :rolleyes:

When you receive it, simply pop it in a plain envelope, address it to David Cameron, Downing Street, put it into an official Post Box (minus the stamp of course) and feel rather smug.

That'll fettle him.

....and here's the address

Rt Hon David Cameron,
Prime Minister,
FREEPOST,
10 Downing Street,
LONDON!
SW1A 2AA

Just had a photo of Borini on my FB feed claiming it'd somehow have an affect of him if we left the EU. Fuck mail shots, that's me sold :rolleyes:

He probably wouldn't qualify for a work visa so I'd imagine it would have an effect on him, or people like him in the future at least (if they offer an already here amnesty).

From the BBC link,

"Labour MP Gisela Stuart, who chairs pro-exit campaign group Vote Leave, said: "This is not the facts, it is a misleading government propaganda campaign paid for by hard-working taxpayers who would rather see their money spent on their priorities."

She said the public wanted "an honest debate" not "an attempt by the prime minister to buy the referendum result" with taxpayers' money.

London Mayor Boris Johnson - a prominent figure in the exit campaign - claimed it showed the government did not want "a fair fight"
while the Conservative former minister Liam Fox, who plans to launch an online petition to secure a debate in Parliament on the issue, said the government was effectively "doubling the funding for one side - ie the Remain campaign."

Apart from it being a shocking waste of taxpayers money, many whom oppose the EU anyway,
Its an official govt document supposedly representing the govt view,
yet likely won't mention the fact that at least eight govt ministers and many govt MPs strongly oppose it.
More Cameron hypocrisy, though I suppose he thought better of putting his his name to it with the gathering Panama shitstorm.
That's bollocks for a start, lazy taxpayers are also paying for it.;)

....and here's the address

Rt Hon David Cameron,
Prime Minister,
FREEPOST,
10 Downing Street,
LONDON!
SW1A 2AA
Who do you think will pay the costs of that? David Cameron? The Remain campaign?
Your idea for protesting about the government wasting money is to waste more taxpayer's money?

Why does London have an exclamation mark?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back