Whither Jozy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

I said ages ago he'd be better down the left flank and if we don't get Borini or a suitable alternative i'd certainly give him a go there. You (and others) may disagree but i think one of his failings is his work rate and he'd certainly need to up it if he replaces Borini. Almost all the good work he did in Holland was from the left channel when he had a bit of time and space to run at defenders.

Fuck me.....he looks like Pele in this clip.....:lol:

:eek::eek: That's our Jozy???

With video...

http://www.cbs12.com/sports/stories/vid_1151.shtml

Boca Raton celebrates Jozy Altidore Day

By John Evenson

Jozy Altidore's World Cup ended twenty-three minutes into Team USA's first game when he strained his hamstring. It was a huge disappointment for the 24 year old, but he felt a lot better in Friday night when he was welcomed home to Boca Raton as a US soccer hero.

Mayor Susan Haynie officially proclaimed Friday as "Jozy Altidore Day" in Boca Raton, the very place where Altidore grew up playing the sport that has made him famous.

No, that was Jozy on a decent team
No, that was Jozy against poor defenders.

It does show, though, that when his head is right he does have some touch on the football and some ability to finish. Which he didn't show at all last year, so there is hope that he's not totally dross.

if jozy scores 5 this season, fletcher gets 7 and wickham score 7, it will have safc mid table easy. larrson, johnson, gomez chipping in with 5 or 6 each as well.

Perhaps supporters have a role in all this. I know Sunderland fans believe they're the best, but to be quite frank, they are some of the most negative I've ever seen. I'm not trolling. I'm being honest.

I agree, but this is the result of supporting Sunderland.

Perhaps supporters have a role in all this. I know Sunderland fans believe they're the best, but to be quite frank, they are some of the most negative I've ever seen. I'm not trolling. I'm being honest.
spot on mate, with our fans there is no middle ground. if someone isnt playing well, the smb declare he's shit. its really tiresome. when a player like jozy is low on confidence, our fans always turn on them, always. i honestly beleive there is a good player in jozy, maybe if fans got off his back, gave him some support maybe we would see the best of him.

or are we waiting for him to give us something to cheer before he gets any backing. isnt that the usual shite thats peddled on here.

I think you're a massive cock sucker, so there's that.

What're you, fifteen? :lol::lol::lol:

spot on mate, with our fans there is no middle ground. if someone isnt playing well, the smb declare he's shit. its really tiresome. when a player like jozy is low on confidence, our fans always turn on them, always. i honestly beleive there is a good player in jozy, maybe if fans got off his back, gave him some support maybe we would see the best of him.

or are we waiting for him to give us something to cheer before he gets any backing. isnt that the usual shite thats peddled on here.

Don't feed the troll.

A few poor games is one thing... Jozy had a lost season...

It's up to Jozy to prove the naysayers wrong now... they have every right to be naysayers based on his protracted, league-long string of (mostly) poor performances...

A few poor games is one thing... Jozy had a lost season...

It's up to Jozy to prove the naysayers wrong now... they have every right to be naysayers based on his protracted, league-long string of (mostly) poor performances...
why did giaccherini get an easy ride? equally disapointing and eventually lost his place. whats the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back