Whither Jozy??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jozy was in a bit of a rough patch last season like...

Gonna came good this season and start firing them in like clockwork if he gets any playing time...

I think that may be his biggest problem... getting much of any playing time...

Of course, until we sell wickam for 13 mill on deadline day and combover goes down in second week with a liver injury...

On last seasons form fletch should be 3rdchoice, but he has the best finishing of the 3.

would like to see jozy and connor as a duo

Did you idiots watch Fletcher last season? At least Jozy contributed when not scoring. Fletcher did absolutely nothing.

In the same way that Sunderland struggles to stay in the PL, the club's supporters struggle to understand the nuances of the game.

Er... correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you black and white toothless, retarded, deluded, inbred, ugly c*nts relegated significantly more recently than us?

Jozy back on Thursday... Hopefully he's fit and not still gimped by the hammy...

Logon or register to see this image
Jeff Carlisle ‏@JeffreyCarlisle 9m
Source close to Jozy Altidore says #USMNT striker will head back to Sunderland for preseason training on Thursday. Critical year for Jozy.

I'd have Altidore behind Wickham in the pecking order, we won games towards the end of the season with Wickham starting and Altidore coming on. Fletcher has to prove that he can stay fit over pre season. Tbh if Fletcher is back fit and we're playing 1 upfront I'm relatively happy with our striking options. Midfield on the other hand...

I'd have Altidore behind Wickham in the pecking order, we won games towards the end of the season with Wickham starting and Altidore coming on. Fletcher has to prove that he can stay fit over pre season. Tbh if Fletcher is back fit and we're playing 1 upfront I'm relatively happy with our striking options. Midfield on the other hand...

I feel the same way - striker should be ok. I know everyone is obsessed with Borini but I am wondering why Sunderland wouldn't make a run at Christian Atsu instead. Even if it is just for a loan spell.

Jozy back on Thursday... Hopefully he's fit and not still gimped by the hammy...

Logon or register to see this image
Jeff Carlisle ‏@JeffreyCarlisle 9m
Source close to Jozy Altidore says #USMNT striker will head back to Sunderland for preseason training on Thursday. Critical year for Jozy.

It's not his hammy that needs attention......it's his head. He should go to a sports psychologist before he kicks a ball again here imo.

It's not his hammy that needs attention......it's his head. He should go to a sports psychologist before he kicks a ball again here imo.

I always picture you as this guy when it comes to Altidore, marra . Give the kid a second chance. The season hasn't even started yet. It's not like the club was almost relegated. We finished in 14th FFS. ;)

LMAO, at the absurdity that Fletcher looks tons better than anyone! !!

Jozy usualy scores with the U.S. but not with his club team,maybe his club team is lacking talent. Or maybe they are not willing to pass the ball to the open player, I know I saw Jozy open on the far post many times early only to have someone hack a bad angled shot.

Seems these players on lesser P. L. teams are seeking the stats over the team.

If Sunderland doesn't improve the midfield they will not improve.

Fletcher was poor last season and doesn't offer enough, I don't really rate Fletcher if I'm honest but he looks tons better than Altidore

I think it would be best if he moves on to another club as it's extremely doubtful he'll end up being close to a success for us. He just doesn't look good enough.

Altidore looked lost the majority of last season, he works hard at times and can occasionally hold the ball up well but he barely ever looks a threat

I always picture you as this guy when it comes to Altidore, marra . Give the kid a second chance. The season hasn't even started yet. It's not like the club was almost relegated. We finished in 14th FFS. ;)

:lol:.........nowt like that mate.

On serious note do you not think Altidore would benefit from a few sessions with a sports psychologist. It fairly obvious from his body language and demeanour that he's freezing in front of goal and not busting a gut to be involved in play. I don't believe he's as bad as he's looked here but I think just hoping next season will be better without taking steps to address the problem won't work.

As for having a go at players......I reserve the right to have a go at individuals earning in excess of £30k/week for kicking a ball around given how hard and how long I work to earn that in a full year.....;)

Whither Borini?

Probably didn't want to come back because he saw how your supporters treat their players.

LMAO, at the absurdity that Fletcher looks tons better than anyone! !!

Jozy usualy scores with the U.S. but not with his club team,maybe his club team is lacking talent. Or maybe they are not willing to pass the ball to the open player, I know I saw Jozy open on the far post many times early only to have someone hack a bad angled shot.

Seems these players on lesser P. L. teams are seeking the stats over the team.

If Sunderland doesn't improve the midfield they will not improve.
The standard of international games is normally much lower than the PL though, in the same way Jozy did well in the Dutch league but when he has played at the top level (PL and La Liga) he has consistently failed. Jozy has been given more of a chance to prove himself than any other player I can remember and he has wasted every opportunity, lets be honest if I was Sunderland I wouldn't want to pass to Jozy unless I had no other option.

:lol:.........nowt like that mate.

On serious note do you not think Altidore would benefit from a few sessions with a sports psychologist. It fairly obvious from his body language and demeanour that he's freezing in front of goal and not busting a gut to be involved in play. I don't believe he's as bad as he's looked here but I think just hoping next season will be better without taking steps to address the problem won't work.

As for having a go at players......I reserve the right to have a go at individuals earning in excess of £30k/week for kicking a ball around given how hard and how long I work to earn that in a full year.....;)

They could all probably use a sports psychologist. Moreso, I think he needs the freedom to drift into the channels. It seems like Poyet has told him to stay in the box for crosses which really is not his game. Needs to move around more because his speed, strength, and athleticism is better than his touch in tight areas or his heading ability.

They could all probably use a sports psychologist. Moreso, I think he needs the freedom to drift into the channels. It seems like Poyet has told him to stay in the box for crosses which really is not his game. Needs to move around more because his speed, strength, and athleticism is better than his touch in tight areas or his heading ability.
FFS :eek: :lol:

I said ages ago he'd be better down the left flank and if we don't get Borini or a suitable alternative i'd certainly give him a go there. You (and others) may disagree but i think one of his failings is his work rate and he'd certainly need to up it if he replaces Borini. Almost all the good work he did in Holland was from the left channel when he had a bit of time and space to run at defenders.

Fuck me.....he looks like Pele in this clip.....:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back