Watmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit scared he might be the best player in the world and we'll sell him for 100 million in January.

Then we find out that Altrincham are entitled to 75% of the fee, his agent a further 10% and the then departed Conger's 20%, making us pay £5 million to sell him.

Get a grip mate. What about the captain of Liverpool and England's central midfielder?

You should get a grip. You obviously don't watch us and you have fallen into the daft position of judging Henderson by what he has done since he left us... you even did this in your post calling him 'Liverpool captain' and 'England midfielder'. Neither of which he was when he came through at Sunderland.

We all thought we had done Liverpool for that fee. He was a good players but didn't look as good as Bridges when he came through.

Of course I can happily say he has developed into a very good player but he didn't look like getting that good when he was here. That does not negate my original post of saying that Watmore is the best young player I've seen come through at Sunderland since Michael Bridges.

Then we find out that Altrincham are entitled to 75% of the fee, his agent a further 10% and the then departed Conger's 20%, making us pay £5 million to sell him.
They'll get a sizeable but sensible percentage. Give it a year and we might want to buy them out

Reminds me of a young Michael Owen if he's half as good we have a canny player on our hands.

We have got some f***ing idiots as fans mind :lol: He follows on from a good cameo during the week with a great performance. Outside of the top 4 there have been few better centre backs than Shawcross and Watmore has taken him to the cleaners and scored a cracking goal in the bargain. Yet some are twisting on about his first touch :lol:

He's young, hes developing and its easy enough to have a good first touch if you are a staedy away type of player, but he plays at break neck speed, something we badly need yet people are whinging about his deficiencies.

Hes a really exciting young player - we should focus more on what he does well.

Sunderland had scouts watching him at Harrogate Town (when Dunc was at Atly) the season before Di Canio was in charge.

May have mate, I wouldn't dispute that ;) but di canio made the call...... in true pdc fashion he was shouting it from the roof tops saying I've just signed the best young prospect around etc etc (like he does)

You should get a grip. You obviously don't watch us and you have fallen into the daft position of judging Henderson by what he has done since he left us... you even did this in your post calling him 'Liverpool captain' and 'England midfielder'. Neither of which he was when he came through at Sunderland.

We all thought we had done Liverpool for that fee. He was a good players but didn't look as good as Bridges when he came through.

Of course I can happily say he has developed into a very good player but he didn't look like getting that good when he was here. That does not negate my original post of saying that Watmore is the best young player I've seen come through at Sunderland since Michael Bridges.
Blatantly obvious that Henderson was going to be that good mind

As ever, energy, work rate and desire by the bucket load and a quality finish. Excellent performance

Still plenty to improve on though. Touch still very erratic which has to be improved upon.

Judging by the reactions of the players when he scored there's some genuine affection for the lad. His energy and desire in training could be a real plus.

We have got some f***ing idiots as fans mind :lol: He follows on from a good cameo during the week with a great performance. Outside of the top 4 there have been few better centre backs than Shawcross and Watmore has taken him to the cleaners and scored a cracking goal in the bargain. Yet some are twisting on about his first touch :lol:

He's young, hes developing and its easy enough to have a good first touch if you are a staedy away type of player, but he plays at break neck speed, something we badly need yet people are whinging about his deficiencies.

Hes a really exciting young player - we should focus more on what he does well.

Yep, would rather focus on what he can't do rather than what he can. It's a shame.

Really impressed with him in the last two games, wasn't convinced before but he's winning me round. Think he needs to improve his stamina though, he looked fucked after being on the pitch for 30 mins today. Does he still play for the development squad mid-week?

phil thompson's a tit. if watmore played for liverpool he'd have a bonk on.
watmore looks a great prospect. i think allardyce is just the man to keep his head in the right place. pleased we've given him a new contract.

I think Watmore's dad's done a pretty good job so far, and the lad himself has got more sense than most - in fact, any - pro footballer I can think of.

With any luck, some of it'll rub off on the rest of the team. Before you know it, Catts'll be doing an Open University degree.

he did ! he sports him at Swindon and kept a close eye on him
you can call pdc for being a loon etc, but tbf to him he took a punt on dw and it looks to have paid off

He didn't. There was an article at the time saying he was spotted by our scouts and we had been scouting him long before PDC came

Phil Thompson said 'he's not that skilful'.

He isn't. His game is about pace, energy, intensity, running and making a nuisance of himself; all very valuable qualities.

He isn't a naturally skilful player though, there is no point in saying he is. That doesn't mean he can't be an asset

He didn't. There was an article at the time saying he was spotted by our scouts and we had been scouting him long before PDC came

I'm fairly certain it was one of Pop Robsons last contributions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back