Watmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

There was quite a few on here last week giving the lad grief.......The fuckers know nought! Ha'Way Duncan lad.

We have got some f***ing idiots as fans mind :lol: He follows on from a good cameo during the week with a great performance. Outside of the top 4 there have been few better centre backs than Shawcross and Watmore has taken him to the cleaners and scored a cracking goal in the bargain. Yet some are twisting on about his first touch :lol:

He's young, hes developing and its easy enough to have a good first touch if you are a staedy away type of player, but he plays at break neck speed, something we badly need yet people are whinging about his deficiencies.

Hes a really exciting young player - we should focus more on what he does well.
Me and @mackumstu were on about this today. His first touch is poor but the ball always seems to bounce up and somehow ends up back at his feet or he chases back. Either way as you say he's an exciting player

Same bloke on BBC as during the week tweeted he reminds him of Owen when he first started out. No sure he's that good but he's exactly what we've been missing, direct, pacey and fearless. Ideal in this current system

Mental thread in parts. I can imagine him next week scoring a hat trick, turning Kocielny inside out, getting two of their players sent off and people still going on about his first touch and looking knackered after 20 minutes.

Only at Sunderland honestly.

You should get a grip. You obviously don't watch us and you have fallen into the daft position of judging Henderson by what he has done since he left us... you even did this in your post calling him 'Liverpool captain' and 'England midfielder'. Neither of which he was when he came through at Sunderland.

We all thought we had done Liverpool for that fee. He was a good players but didn't look as good as Bridges when he came through.

Of course I can happily say he has developed into a very good player but he didn't look like getting that good when he was here. That does not negate my original post of saying that Watmore is the best young player I've seen come through at Sunderland since Michael Bridges.

Bollocks. I saw Bridges make his debut (I think it was) against Luton at Roker Park. Scared the shit out if them, for sure. But I saw Henderson go to one of the best teams in Europe and stamp his authority allover the game to the point where we smashed them 3-0. Easily the best performance by this club in my lifetime - and it was down to the 21 year old Jordan Henderson.

Bridges didn't achieve anything for us in the top division. We sold him to Leeds. Therefore that straight away makes Henderson more impressive.

I watch the game alright. And I get impressed by players who make the simple things look easy. Henderson did that. We still 'had' Liverpool. But he was and is a class act.

Also, I'd like to take a fact check on when he got called up for England. I reckon it was with us.

Although he is 21, because he missed out in his teenage years he is probably currently 18 yr old in youth team terms. Does that make sense?

Light years is a bit far

Watmores a later start than Henderson and Bridges, he has had bad injuries and wasn't as physically developed as Henderson. I'm not sure he can be light years behind them like. The poor fucker has only started a couple of games in the top level, already scored a couple of goals, already got a top centre half sent off because he couldn't handle him.

I always liked Henderson but its worth remembering that there were loads of people of here slagging Henderson off at the time on here also saying he would never make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back