the caring club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why folk can't understand the OP/his father. A disabled space is not an option - neither of them want it and that is their right. We might not agree with it (that is also people's right).

The club/blue coats co have offered up several solutions except the one that was until recently perfectly acceptable but now it seem isn't any longer, despite the photographers having no qualms with the seat being there and indeed use it as a temporary half time seat.

I witnessed the commotion in the west stand (downstairs near the bookies) presumably as the pair were being removed. Is that really what it has come to and is it really necessary? I mean really?

Easy to just say accept this or that but place yourself in their position with your nearest and dearest.....
Obviously it has to be his Dad's decision but I really don't see the issue with using a disabled space. At the moment it seems like its either that or nothing .

The club/blue coats could definitely handled it better though, to tell a 90 year old man once he is at the game he has to leave as they won't store the chair is a disgrace.

A easy way to avoid that would be to have a word after game and say look this can't continue , next game it wont, we can move you to this disabled area for Watford game, as a thank you for your decades of support we would love to see you in corporate for Chelsea game on us.

I don't see why folk can't understand the OP/his father. A disabled space is not an option - neither of them want it and that is their right. We might not agree with it (that is also people's right).

The club have offered up several solutions except the one that was until recently perfectly acceptable but now it seem isn't any longer, despite the photographers having no qualms with the seat being there and indeed use it as a temporary half time seat.

I witnessed the commotion in the west stand (downstairs near the bookies) presumably as the pair were being removed. Is that really what it has come to and is it really necessary? I mean really?

Easy to just say accept this or that but place yourself in their position with your nearest and dearest.....
"Neither of them want it"

Well I'm sorry that's just tough sometimes.

The story changes. If there are really worried about fire, he should be in the disabled area rather than the half cooked option (30 seconds away, that works when the entire ground is running doesn't it?)

"Neither of them want it"

Well I'm sorry that's just tough sometimes.

The story changes. If there are really worried about fire, he should be in the disabled area rather than the half cooked option (30 seconds away, that works when the entire ground is running doesn't it?)

No need to apologise marra. I'm just flipping the viewpoint. Seeing it from their point of view and imagining how it would be if my cantankerous fatha was of the same frame of mind;)

You say that your dad can walk some distance.
Could a compromise be that you ask the club for a car parking space as close to the ground as possible and your dad walks into the ground.
Just a suggestion
The disabled parking spaces are rather over subscribed*, and I don't want to see the cat fight that would ensue if the club tried to decide which crips were going to be allowed to park the closest to the stadium within said disabled carpark.

* Whether that's due to our region's industrial heritage or due to the number of workshy chancers in the area, I won't hazard to guess.

I don't think there is going to be the outcome the op wants and I can't decide on who is right and wrong, as you say a rollercoaster. I do know I'd do whatever to make sure me dad could get to the match
For someone who is undecided you have expressed a remarkably strong opinion against OP in this thread.

he doesn't, he is able enough to walk out of the stadium but would then need his chair. still need to know how an empty room is not deemed suitable for storing mobility aids
In the event of a fire or any other such pressing emergency, would you accept him having to leave the stadium without his wheelchair?

in an emergency then obviously yes.
So can you kindly explain your following statement:
my concern is ,if there was a fire in the west stand, with the wind blowing towards the river, by the time i'd got back with his chair, i would have no idea where my dad was. where the chair was stored for 3 1/2 seasons it would have taken about one minute to get it and get back to him. see my concern there?

The disabled parking spaces are rather over subscribed*, and I don't want to see the cat fight that would ensue if the club tried to decide which crips were going to be allowed to park the closest to the stadium within said disabled carpark.

* Whether that's due to our region's industrial heritage or due to the number of workshy chancers in the area, I won't hazard to guess.
For fuck sake man 'crips' :rolleyes:

That's the bit I don't get like. I understand it'll be a pain trying to get the wheelchair in after the game but as you say it doesn't really take all that long for the crowd to disperse. If it was stored somewhere in the ground which seems to be what the OP wants then surely it'd still take a fair while to get it from wherever it's stored to the seat, again especially with the crowd trying to exit. I must be missing something because I'd imagine it's about 6 of one and half a dozen of the other between bringing it from a storage area in the stadium and getting it from the car park.

If I have read the thread correctly, the OP says that a club person took and brought the chair back. Now the OP will have to do it with the car. If he takes that option that is.

The only thing I have ever "turned against you" was when I called you a holocaust denier because you said that less than 30,000 Jews died in the Holocaust.

You're a neo-nazi so crawl back under your rock.
That is a matter of opinion and not something to get worked up over. Why on earth it annoys you so much is beyond me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back