the caring club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there isn't but the orange car park where we have a pass for, doesn't open until 30 minutes after the game, by then the ground is closed so what do i do with my dad?

who.s health and safety, certainly not my fathers. what happens if the ground has to be evacuated? do i say stop there dad while i go and get your chair?
I would not go down that route as they will say that in the interests of health and fire evacuation and safety your dad should remain in the chair and use one of the disable viewing points...i guess they offered you that option but you/he chose to sit in his usual seat...........please dont take this the wrong way but i would not want to be stuck behind your father in an emmergency as you know what happens when panic hits a mob trying to escape...........the club cannot cater for every eventuality its just not possible if you go to the press i assume they will say we have comparable disabled facilities to any club in the land and on health and safety grounds we have made our decision and we are acting on behalf of the safety all our paying supporters.

Last edited:

I would not go down that route as they will say that in the interests of health and fire evacuation and safety your dad should remain in the chair and use one of the disable viewing points...i guess they offered you that option but you/he chose to sit in his usual seat...........please dont take this the wrong way but i would not want to be stuck behind your father in an emmergency as you know what happens when panic hits a mob trying to escape...........the club cannot cater for every eventuality its just not possible if you go to the press i assume they will say we have comparable disabled facilities to any club in the land and on health and safety grounds we have made our decision and we are acting on behalf of the safety all our paying supporters.

all pales into insignificance when you read about little Bradley.

I don't see why folk can't understand the OP/his father. A disabled space is not an option - neither of them want it and that is their right. We might not agree with it (that is also people's right).

The club have offered up several solutions except the one that was until recently perfectly acceptable but now it seem isn't any longer, despite the photographers having no qualms with the seat being there and indeed use it as a temporary half time seat.

I witnessed the commotion in the west stand (downstairs near the bookies) presumably as the pair were being removed. Is that really what it has come to and is it really necessary? I mean really?

Easy to just say accept this or that but place yourself in their position with your nearest and dearest.....

I think they do understand, they are just looking at both sides of the argument and not piling in to criticise the club. A lot of people are trying to be objective, which obviously they wouldn't if they were themselves emotionally invested. Apart from the wums, of course.

God bless the blue coats - we all know how they can get. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back