the caring club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

why do i do it?

Central Defender
if anyone can remember the season before this one, when i complained about the club, telling me there was nowhere to store my dads folding wheelchair. so after several meeting we spent all last season having Chris Waters come and collect his chair, store it in his office then bring it back after the match.
this season we reverted back to storing it in the press room, which has resulted in 0 complaints. had a phone call today from Chris, and some jobsworth has decided that for health and safety reasons we cannot store the chair there, and from now on i have to park the car, take my dad to the ground get him in his seat, take the chair back to the car, get back to the ground, watch the game, back to the car, back to the ground against everyone leaving, collect my dad, back to the car and home to Hartlepool.
so unless a sensible solution is reached there will be three season tickets not getting renewed, at a time i think they need all the support they can get.
my dad is 90 years old, and saw his first game in 1935, but i guess they now see him as a nuisance.

if anyone can remember the season before this one, when i complained about the club, telling me there was nowhere to store my dads folding wheelchair. so after several meeting we spent all last season having Chris Waters come and collect his chair, store it in his office then bring it back after the match.
this season we reverted back to storing it in the press room, which has resulted in 0 complaints. had a phone call today from Chris, and some jobsworth has decided that for health and safety reasons we cannot store the chair there, and from now on i have to park the car, take my dad to the ground get him in his seat, take the chair back to the car, get back to the ground, watch the game, back to the car, back to the ground against everyone leaving, collect my dad, back to the car and home to Hartlepool.
so unless a sensible solution is reached there will be three season tickets not getting renewed, at a time i think they need all the support they can get.
my dad is 90 years old, and saw his first game in 1935, but i guess they now see him as a nuisance.

I see a lot of disabled supporters getting dropped off right outside the stadium, I vaguely remember your original thread but can't remember the details, is there some reason you can't do that?

Terrible, a bloke who has suppoted them 70 years being treat like that.
Don't blame you for not renewing.

To be fair it sounds like the club have tried to accommodate him, once somebody raises it as a health and safety issue I don't think there's much you can do.

Surely something can be worked out though?

I see a lot of disabled supporters getting dropped off right outside the stadium, I vaguely remember your original thread but can't remember the details, is there some reason you can't do that?
there isn't but the orange car park where we have a pass for, doesn't open until 30 minutes after the game, by then the ground is closed so what do i do with my dad?

To be fair it sounds like the club have tried to accommodate him, once somebody raises it as a health and safety issue I don't think there's much you can do.

who.s health and safety, certainly not my fathers. what happens if the ground has to be evacuated? do i say stop there dad while i go and get your chair?

Last edited:

The club pay people good money to solve problems like this. the club haven't solved it they've made a bigger one in expecting him to walk back to the car to get his old fellas wheelchair.

Can you not just put the chair at the top of the stand where there's a concourse that no one uses? Don't even let the stewards know you're doing it

Out of interest, where does the bloke who's in charge of a massive dafabet surfer store it? I'm guessing he doesn't have to go back out and put it in his car

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe so, but that probably means that some one else has to come and drive the car. They can BOTH get out at the SOL and go to the game (wheelchair still needed) or do you expect him to drop his dad off then go and park the car then come back to his dad still hopefully still standing there....!

Think the lad has given it a decent explanation that is very easy to follow....!

Bains spiel about re-connecting with the fans and the disconnect that has grown between fans and the club then you hear stories like this!!, a call to the echo or national will turn the attention to him to back up what he says.

Bains spiel about re-connecting with the fans and the disconnect that has grown between fans and the club then you hear stories like this!!, a call to the echo or national will turn the attention to him to back up what he says.

He's just another one doing as he's told by the owner, just like his predecessor .

Maybe so, but that probably means that some one else has to come and drive the car. They can BOTH get out at the SOL and go to the game (wheelchair still needed) or do you expect him to drop his dad off then go and park the car then come back to his dad still hopefully still standing there....!

Think the lad has given it a decent explanation that is very easy to follow....!

Settle down mate, I was only asking why that was a problem because I see a lot of people doing it and have no experience of it myself.

I vaguely remember the lads post from last year and thought there was a reason but couldn't remember.

This in general is in the news at the mo. Clubs not doing enough to accommodate disabled & the infirm etc. Id take it to the press. Especially as it used to be stored in the press office which while isnt ideal is under the noses of the ahem - press ;)

You're telling me that they can't devote one room in the West Stand to help with this?

Absolutely ridiculous. Got to be a bit of common sense from the club to sort this out for you.

This in general is in the news at the mo. Clubs not doing enough to accommodate disabled & the infirm etc. Id take it to the press. Especially as it used to be stored in the press office which while isnt ideal is under the noses of the ahem - press ;)

Why take it to the press, what are they going to do?

Surely speaking to the club would be better, there must be something they can do for him, they managed to find a solution last season.

Surely a bloke walking against the crowd trying to get back in the stadium with s wheelchair is more of s safety issue than some fucker tripping over it in the press room.

Reactions: blf
Why take it to the press, what are they going to do?

Surely speaking to the club would be better, there must be something they can do for him, they managed to find a solution last season.
Like I just said. (read above) The press are currently running stories of clubs not doing enough to accommodate people in wheelchairs etc. Its current so they will take an interest. In the OP post he states hes been talking to the club about it for years.
If the press get hold of a story that is currently getting airtime and columns they take it seriously and would be foolish not to run with it.

Surely a bloke walking against the crowd trying to get back in the stadium with s wheelchair is more of s safety issue than some fucker tripping over it in the press room.

I agree, they obviously need to come up with some other way to help this lad out, all I'm saying is once somebody's used the 'Health & Safety' argument there's not much they can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back