the caring club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

has this been resolved like ?
will they not let you lump it up the stairs and stash it under the back of the East stand ? Theres a little bit behind the stand where you can walk about, I will look after it for you, I always sit in the back row, I will carry it up and down the stairs for you if we can get away with it. Surely some common sense on the day by the stewards should save you having to run to the car and back twice.

What?

There is a disabled area. It's there to help people
Theres a difference between being disabled and a having a bit of a mobility problem ffs.

For one of the mouthiest posters on here for hoying insults you quickly changed your tune when a mod popped on and even had the neck to like his post condemning the insults!!:oops:

Who has said that they need to cater for my dad numbnuts? He's just stopped going.
Someone's touchy

Theres a difference between being disabled and a having a bit of a mobility problem ffs.

For one of the mouthiest posters on here for hoying insults you quickly changed your tune when a mod popped on and even had the neck to like his post condemning the insults!!:oops:
I only insult idiots

"You’re disabled under the Equality Act 2010 if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a ‘substantial’ and ‘long-term’ negative effect on your ability to do normal daily activities."

https://www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010

I haven't been "mouthy" on this thread at all, I've asked why the man can't sit in the disabled thread

Now jog on, I can't be arsed with you
Ah the disabled thread.

Are you ok to say arsed or did you say to hell with it and just go all in?:lol:

The important thing here is that the lad gets sorted with a bit of common sense and his dignity intact.

Cabbage seems an apt username there:lol:

Nice of my fellow posters to make a thread in my honour while i was out:cool:
TBH I'm impressed with your commitment to the persona. Thought you might come on and throw out a bit of chaff to cover your tracks but no. Instant magical disappearance at final whistle until you found something miserable to sink your teeth into:lol:

Can you confirm the club have actually offered to seat him in his chair in one of the disabled sections though?
yes they have, about 10 yards away from where i'll be sat.

Actually, the thing to do is to address the health and safety issue that has been raised and resolve it, rather than assume that the very mention of the words 'health and safety' is sufficient to bring existing arrangements to an end. In this instance, I would be asking why the storage of a portable but essentially inanimate object represents a risk to any person's health and safety. Obviously, the wheelchair should not be blocking or otherwise impeding the walkways and emergency exit routes. However, in a stadium the size of the SOL, it would be difficult for SAFC to argue that some adequate storage facility couldn't be arranged within each stand.
for 3 1/2 years it was stored in the photographers room. not one complaint from them, in fact at half time they sit in it.

Last edited:
TBH I'm impressed with your commitment to the persona. Thought you might come on and throw out a bit of chaff to cover your tracks but no. Instant magical disappearance at final whistle until you found something miserable to sink your teeth into:lol:
This came long after i logged on this morning but people have their agenda i suppose.

Im sure if we got beat and hadnt been straight on people would be saying hughbert in 3..2..1.... etc.

So wat

So what is the issue with using that wheelchair space then?
Newspaper article i read from last month says theres a family of them so wouldn't be able to sit with the family.

However, it says they already have been given a free disabled parking space but complaining it takes too long for one of them to get the wheelchair from the car!
You would be sitting a while anyway before they open the barriers.

Consider me your corbyn on the train tory boy.

"this situation has dragged on for over a year, if the don't want people attending like my father at least have the decency to come out and say so".
yes he was happy then, as the club held a meeting and said he could store his chair as usual, then changed their minds once he'd renewed for this season.

Why?? What would be a problem with sitting in a disabled section? That is the kind of attitude that needs changing. People that sit there aren't from another planet, it wouldn't make him any less of a person
his grandson is disabled so he probably has more understanding than you have.

Newspaper article i read from last month says theres a family of them so wouldn't be able to sit with the family.

However, it says they already have been given a free disabled parking space but complaining it takes too long for one of them to get the wheelchair from the car!
You would be sitting a while anyway before they open the barriers.
yes we were given a pass for the orange car park, you try pushing a wheelchair back to the ground when it is emptying, it isn't easy.

Surely this can be sorted amicably without the need to run to the press. The biased north east media do enough damage to our club without supporters giving them any further ammunition.
after a year of trying to get this sorted, and after being told before this season started we could store his chair, now we can't . the club don't answer e mails, so what else could i do?

Last edited:
yes they have, about 10 yards away from where i'll be sat.
That hardly seems the actions of someone not wanting your father there. I'm sure we all hope it gets sorted, but it depends really how much your dad wants to be there as to whether he takes up the offer. Ultimately that's his decision, or possibly one you will decide between you and not decided by the SMB.

Of course, if it was me, I'd be sat in me wheelchair watching the lads and on the disabled branch for aways as well;)

yes he was happy then, as the club held a meeting and said he could store his chair as usual, then changed their minds once he'd renewed for this season.

his grandson is disabled so he probably has more understanding than you have.

yes we were given a pass for the orange car park, you try pushing a wheelchair back to the ground when it is emptying, it isn't easy.

after a year of trying to get this sorted, and after being told before this season started we could store his chair, now we can't . the club don't answer e mails, so what else could i do?
I've been disabled since i broke my back at 16 in 1995 causing a spinal cord injury at L1, got around on crutches for last 21 years so yes I do know all about disability mate.

I've been disabled since i broke my back at 16 in 1995 causing a spinal cord injury at L1, got around on crutches for last 21 years so yes I do know all about disability mate.
sorry to hear that, so you shouldn't have stated that my dad has an attitude to disabled people.

I'm confused now.
Am I right in thinking the club have offered options and solutions but they aren't satisfactory?
If they aren't satisfactory why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back