The battle of bath lane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcastles attendance of 7,134 was the lowest top flight attendance for a league game in the whole of the 70's.
Just thought I'd mention it.

Great stuff.
And the North East's all-time lowest ever top flight attendance, including boro.:):):)

Newcastles attendance of 7,134 was the lowest top flight attendance for a league game in the whole of the 70's.
Just thought I'd mention it.

They were in the 2nd division with us in 78-79.

You must be thinking of their equally impressive 7,986 attendance at home to Norwich near the end of the 77-78 season when they were relegated from the 1st division.

Apologies for being a pedantic f***er - I can't help myself :).

You must be thinking of their equally impressive 7,986 attendance at home to Norwich near the end of the 77-78 season when they were relegated from the 1st division.

You are indeed correct.However their impressive crowd of 7,986 is the lowest attendance in the top flight for the 70's.

Reactions: JTF

Yes they broke a few records in that era.:)
North East giants my f**king arse. Those c*nts have more skeletons in the cupboard than a whole series of Scooby Doo.:):):)

24 Feb 79 Newcastle 1 Sunderland 4 34,733
03 Mar 79 Newcastle 5 Charlton 3 14,998
28 Mar 79 Newcastle 1 Wrexham 1* 7,152
04 Apr 79 Newcastle 4 Preston 3 12,167
07 Apr 79 Newcastle 1 Crystal Palace 0 18,862
14 Apr 79 Newcastle 1 Sheff Utd 3 19,126
18 Apr 79 Newcastle 1 Notts County 2 12,017
21 Apr 79 Newcastle 0 Fulham 0 11,924
02 May 79 Newcastle 3 Bristol Rovers 0 9,627
05 May 79 Newcastle 1 Brighton 3 28,434
08 May 79 Newcastle 2 Wrexham 0 7,134

*Match abandoned due to rain.

Their attendances are not exactly impressive after 24 Feb - just as well we helped them out by boosting their crowd for their game with Brighton :):

Top flight is the true barometer of the thoroughbred and evens all ground.
Newcastle hold the North East's all time top flight record of shame. Add to that the lowest top flight attendance for all clubs in the whole of the seventies and there you have it:- A f**king mickey mouse club that air brushes history.

So a one off top flight crowd is the true barometer of over 100 years of attendances? Don't be daft man.

Personally, I would say attendances in lower down divisions are more of a true test of a club's support and loyalty.

So a one off top flight crowd is the true barometer of over 100 years of attendances? Don't be daft man.

Personally, I would say attendances in lower down divisions are more of a true test of a club's support and loyalty.

It isn't a one-off, there was also the wrexham attendance which was the lowest in the second tier.
The Record Breakers!:):):)

It isn't a one-off, there was also the wrexham attendance which was the lowest in the second tier.
The Record Breakers!:):):)

The Wrexham game was played the day of the general election and was played during working hours IIRC.

Most clubs have a few skeletons in the cupboard your own included, we're not alone. We are the 5th and 10th best supported clubs in history respectively despite years and years of mainly shit.....I think the attendances for both clubs are incredible in all honesty.

Reactions: DJP
The Wrexham game was played the day of the general election and was played during working hours IIRC.

Most clubs have a few skeletons in the cupboard your own included, we're not alone. We are the 5th and 10th best supported clubs in history respectively despite years and years of mainly shit.....I think the attendances for both clubs are incredible in all honesty.

We once played a midweek game during working hours, nigh on 76,000 squeezed into Roker Park.
For the record that was the highest all time attendance at a North East football game.

We've endured prolonged hardship and adversity. Our core following of Yackers, Geordies and Mackems united is hardened to heartbreak. We are the true north east club, the people's club.

We once played a midweek game during working hours, nigh on 76,000 squeezed into Roker Park.
For the record that was the highest all time attendance at a North East football game.

We've endured prolonged hardship and adversity. Our core following of Yackers, Geordies and Mackems united is hardened to heartbreak. We are the true north east club, the people's club.

Arrogant piffle.

What was the crowd the week after the 76000?

How many seasons have Sunderland had a higher average than NUFC?

Difficult comparison to make given sunderland have been in the lower leagues a lot since the 80's.
I would be devastated if we ever broke newcastle's 7,000 record or they broke our 76,000 record though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back