Sky offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's the benefits of Sky Q, trying to work out if it's worth £12 per month extra.

Absolutely mint interface, slick, fluid, fast.

Nicer box, oooo err! Wirelsss multi room, a big plus for us!

UHD stuff as well, although only really sports/movies currently.

That fluid viewing as well which I thought would be a gimmick, but its handy. Pause telly in one room, continue watching in another.

Absolutely mint interface, slick, fluid, fast.

Nicer box, oooo err! Wirelsss multi room, a big plus for us!

UHD stuff as well, although only really sports/movies currently.

That fluid viewing as well which I thought would be a gimmick, but its handy. Pause telly in one room, continue watching in another.

The £12 includes multi room doesn't it? Good value really. I'd get it if I needed/wanted multi room. Not too bothered about the interface though as I quite like the old one tbh. UHD still is no good for me, no movies or sport or UHD TV.

Maybe Sky plan on killing off standard multiroom considering everyone who card shares uses a multi room sub in their card share server.

The £12 includes multi room doesn't it? Good value really. I'd get it if I needed/wanted multi room. Not too bothered about the interface though as I quite like the old one tbh. UHD still is no good for me, no movies or sport or UHD TV.

Maybe Sky plan on killing off standard multiroom considering everyone who card shares uses a multi room sub in their card share server.

I think so aye. Then you can just add another box for £99 or whatever the cost of the other box is and put it anywhere. Nice and handy.

Just seems that Sky's UI never really changed much over the years (it was good mind!) but this new one just seems so much slicker. With a few annoying things, such as getting to `TV guide - but that may well change.

I think so aye. Then you can just add another box for £99 or whatever the cost of the other box is and put it anywhere. Nice and handy.

Just seems that Sky's UI never really changed much over the years (it was good mind!) but this new one just seems so much slicker. With a few annoying things, such as getting to `TV guide - but that may well change.

Boxes are only £30 each at the moment.

Like I said yesterday, they do charge £12 extra for it, but you save the same amount by the reduction of the same amount in other areas of your subs = no extra cost

Like I said yesterday, they do charge £12 extra for it, but you save the same amount by the reduction of the same amount in other areas of your subs = no extra cost

Not for me, I wouldn't save £12, I'd spend £12 more. I pay £27.40 without Sky Q and would pay £39.40 with Sky Q.

Logon or register to see this image

I'm 1 day into new contract, so it's only £12 extra per month so if I wanted multiroom it would be a no-brainer.

Last edited:
Not for me, I wouldn't save £12, I'd spend £12 more. I pay £27.40 without Sky Q and would pay £39.40 with Sky Q.

Logon or register to see this image

I'm 1 day into new contract, so it's only £12 extra per month so if I wanted multiroom it would be a no-brainer.
They'll sharp back track when you get them on the phone. At the least they'll probably add something worth £12 to offset it.

When I costed it online and then went on live chat, the lad said he wasn't able to offer anything lower in cost than what the website stated, but he did advise me to call instead and added something to my notes saying that I'd asked for the same deal as existing customers. Sure enough when I rang the lad halved the up front cost without hesitation.

When I rang Sky Q last week they wouldn't budge on the £149

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back