Sky offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Family bundle, with sky sports in hd and Broadband 45 quid a month, is this considered reasonable?
Need to add in however much BT sports is aswell if you watch a lot of footy. Does that include the line rental for the phone line too? Not bad if it does imo but I wouldn't pay it anymore.

Need to add in however much BT sports is aswell if you watch a lot of footy. Does that include the line rental for the phone line too? Not bad if it does imo but I wouldn't pay it anymore.
If he doesn't currently have any Sports channels, he's not going to miss BT. We are only on BT about twice a season anyway.

To the OP, that sounds very much like the "Please please please don't leave us" deal I got from Sky at the start of the year. £42.50 for the full TV package in HD with Sky Sports. It was phased over 9 months (and a 9 month tie in period for the phone and Bb, none for to as I was an existing customer) so I only got the rock bottom price for 6 months then I downgraded my TV package. Over the last 3 months my discounted broadband, anytime calls and line rental have disappeared.

It's finished now, and I'm calling them today to switch to Virgin again. Virgin are now doing 12 month contract periods (it was 18 when I threatened to leave last time so it means I might have more clout to negotiate with them!

Family bundle, with sky sports in hd and Broadband 45 quid a month, is this considered reasonable?

Decent enough deal IMO. Sounds like half price on the TV and their standard free broadband for Sports subscribers. I'd try and get an account credit of £50-£100 too though.

Decent enough deal IMO. Sounds like half price on the TV and their standard free broadband for Sports subscribers. I'd try and get an account credit of £50-£100 too though.
I got 50 quid credit aswell, was just wondering if it was really a good deal

Aye it's that deal marra

I think you should cancel the broadband.....and your mobile phone

Burn all your communication devices
Al burn you in a basket ala wickerman

I got 50 quid credit aswell, was just wondering if it was really a good deal

Aye, it's decent enough, you'l probably get 60% off and £100 if you're willing to let it all go off. If you're not willing to let it go off then it'll be as good as you'll get IMO.

Aye, it's decent enough, you'l probably get 60% off and £100 if you're willing to let it all go off. If you're not willing to let it go off then it'll be as good as you'll get IMO.
Hmmm interesting I always use the live online chat and they do everything to get you an offer. Their hd is top notch on sky sports

Hmmm interesting I always use the live online chat and they do everything to get you an offer. Their hd is top notch on sky sports

Aye, that's who I get my offers from.

I'm paying £27.40 per month for Original Bundle, Line Rental and Unlimited Fibre. £100 credit too. Works out at £19 per month for all that.

Yep, future proof yourself (and an excuse to get a 4k telly haha!) - even without 4k its mint!

I think Sky have been quite smart with their Sky Q box rental, people are going to be less likely to leave if they don't own their own box.

What's so good about it? And do all your televisions in your house need to be wi fi connected for it to work?

FAster box, slicker (much!) interface, No running wires for extra boxes, they are wireless (if you dont have good wireless range you can use boosters) - in my opinion as well it increases the picture quality of the non-4k channels too - tried a normal HD box, then the skyq box and the q looked better (on same TV)

I think Sky have been quite smart with their Sky Q box rental, people are going to be less likely to leave if they don't own their own box.

Yep, crafty move to stop people keeping boxes for free sat.

FAster box, slicker (much!) interface, No running wires for extra boxes, they are wireless (if you dont have good wireless range you can use boosters) - in my opinion as well it increases the picture quality of the non-4k channels too - tried a normal HD box, then the skyq box and the q looked better (on same TV)

Don't they have built in home plugs rather than wireless?

If Q looks better on 1080p stuff on your 4k telly it means the upscaler in Sky Q is better than the upsclaer in your TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back