Sky offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's not an option, but it'll probably work still presuming they have/use a different name.
it does work, sky was in the missus name and we have just got sky Q installed on monday (it's superb too) in my name on the sky friends and family offer, 1 main box, i mini box, entertainment and box sets package or whatever its called all for £10 installed and £12 a month. however we cant cancel her contract for a couple of month so for now we are paying 2 lots of sky.

it does work, sky was in the missus name and we have just got sky Q installed on monday (it's superb too) in my name on the sky friends and family offer, 1 main box, i mini box, entertainment and box sets package or whatever its called all for £10 installed and £12 a month. however we cant cancel her contract for a couple of month so for now we are paying 2 lots of sky.
Great deal that.

Sounds like an amazing offer to be honest, especially considering you have 12 months remaining on your contract.
I'd already got myself tied into a new 12 month contract last week, or is that what you mean as in not too much in it for them?

I've received my email now as well and it confirms its the 2tb Silver and a mini box.

I still maintain that you work in or have worked in IT/a service desk environment :lol:

I maintain maths isn't your strong point.

I'd already got myself tied into a new 12 month contract last week, or is that what you mean as in not too much in it for them?

I've received my email now as well and it confirms its the 2tb Silver and a mini box.
Yeah. I mean you've got nothing to lose if you're paying no more.

I maintain maths isn't your strong point.

Yeah. I mean you've got nothing to lose if you're paying no more.
The things is Sky didn't have much to gain either as I'd already committed to a new contract. In fact it has cost them £20 to get me on board, but they may not realise that as it was the regular Sky team who gave me the £85 credit note to ease the cost of Sky Q installation, only for them to cave in and half the cost anyway.

The things is Sky didn't have much to gain either as I'd already committed to a new contract. In fact it has cost them £20 to get me on board, but they may not realise that as it was the regular Sky team who gave me the £85 credit note to ease the cost of Sky Q installation, only for them to cave in and half the cost anyway.
So have they definitely let you carry discounted subs over from HD to Q? When I agreed my 50% off I asked if it would carry over if I wanted to upgrade to Q and they said they're treating them as completely different services so it wouldn't. This seems to be backed up by a lot of the posts on TV forums.

I don't have a 4K tv yet so I'm not in a great rush to get it yet like but would be nice if I can get it discounted.

So have they definitely let you carry discounted subs over from HD to Q? When I agreed my 50% off I asked if it would carry over if I wanted to upgrade to Q and they said they're treating them as completely different services so it wouldn't. This seems to be backed up by a lot of the posts on TV forums.

I don't have a 4K tv yet so I'm not in a great rush to get it yet like but would be nice if I can get it discounted.
From what I've heard they allow you to keep existing discounts on q upgrades now.

Yep they do now, as of the las week or so only.

Family bundle, with sky sports in hd and Broadband 45 quid a month, is this considered reasonable?
To much

Ive just got

Variety
38mb Fibre BB
Anytime Call
Line Rental

33.60 per month for 12months

you can also get MultiRoom (second standard box) for £6 pm as well

New Customers use code 5KYMOVE

To much

Ive just got

Variety
38mb Fibre BB
Anytime Call
Line Rental

33.60 per month for 12months

you can also get MultiRoom (second standard box) for £6 pm as well

New Customers use code 5KYMOVE
That's not a very good deal mate imo no sports or in hd and it's the variety tv, I got the full sports package in hd with the box sets package and Broadband with calls for 45 quid, oh and 50 credit on my bill

That's not a very good deal mate imo no sports or in hd and it's the variety tv, I got the full sports package in hd with the box sets package and Broadband with calls for 45 quid, oh and 50 credit on my bill
Dont need Sports or HD mate, got wee box for our games, we did get £25 credit.

This is the kind of package I want

But they keep waffling about the movies and sport being part of the same package and it will cost me more for just the sports if I remove the movies

Is that fibre broadband or normal ?

That's shit if it's a new customer
How's that? Line rental and fibre is more than that alone without offers and even with half price fibre he's only paying a few quid for TV.

They've had your eyes out there really mate.
Disagree. Decent deal.

You get fibre free for 12 months anyway now
Capped at 25gb per month though. It's a good deal if it includes unlimited fibre, calls and line rental, superb deal in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back