Sky offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I costed it online and then went on live chat, the lad said he wasn't able to offer anything lower in cost than what the website stated, but he did advise me to call instead and added something to my notes saying that I'd asked for the same deal as existing customers. Sure enough when I rang the lad halved the up front cost without hesitation.

When I rang Sky Q last week they wouldn't budge on the £149

They had plenty of wiggle room with you though because you were paying a high price for your TV/phone etc. I'll give it a try, if they can do it for no extra I'll go for it obviously. Cheers.

My sky q is getting took out next week . When it works it's fantastic and the footy in 4K was great but the silver box is crashing at least once a day and losing recordings. Not to mention they knacked my bill up and are trying to charge me £92 a month.

I've probably just got a faulty box and it probably could have been fixed easily but I ordered this the week before they let you keep existing discounts etc so if I get it uninstalled in my cooling off period I can go back to my old box and deal then can get it put back in again in a couple of months and keep the discount :)

Sky must be desperate for customers lately.

They wrote off £80 and gave me £20 credit and I'm getting full package bar BT sports, plus broadband for £46

Sky must be desperate for customers lately.

They wrote off £80 and gave me £20 credit and I'm getting full package bar BT sports, plus broadband for £46

They look like they're really going to push Sky Q. The execs at Sky hate churn and not owning the box might stop people cancelling. I think that'll be their plan.

My sky q is getting took out next week . When it works it's fantastic and the footy in 4K was great but the silver box is crashing at least once a day and losing recordings. Not to mention they knacked my bill up and are trying to charge me £92 a month.

I've probably just got a faulty box and it probably could have been fixed easily but I ordered this the week before they let you keep existing discounts etc so if I get it uninstalled in my cooling off period I can go back to my old box and deal then can get it put back in again in a couple of months and keep the discount :)

Swap the box first mate and push for better deal. No issues with this one and it's class.

Getting it installed on Wednesday, took my bill up to £64 with discounts so not to bad.

The time to do it is just after negotiating a new deal at 50/60% off and getting all the free money they throw at you for signing up. That's why I'm tempted as I'm under contract anyway. I'll see if they'll do it for nowt.

Swap the box first mate and push for better deal. No issues with this one and it's class.
They have knacked me bill up completely , then said I'd lied about the price even though I had a copy of my online chat and a copy of my order , ended up complaining to the executive office who have sorted it out and said I could go back to my old setup for the price I was paying (£30for all channels ) or they would put me on the deals for sky q I originally got told I could have it for (£60 )and get some one to sort out my box.

They have flung in free multi room for 6 month to compensate for the hassle so for now it's a no brainier for me to go back to the old sky hd then order q a bit later as all the decent offers come out just after I signed up

The time to do it is just after negotiating a new deal at 50/60% off and getting all the free money they throw at you for signing up. That's why I'm tempted as I'm under contract anyway. I'll see if they'll do it for nowt.
I did that a few months ago 50% off for the year and £100 credit on the account so at most i will pay 2 to 3 months at full rate.

I see in the terms and conditions the cost of install is only £10? Surely that can't include the dish aswell does it?

The house I'm moving into has nothing at present...

I did that a few months ago 50% off for the year and £100 credit on the account so at most i will pay 2 to 3 months at full rate.
Not sure if I am getting this right, but mine is saying a new 12 month contract to upgrade to Q but at my current 50% off deal (plus the £12pm for Q). So it might be that you 'carry over' your current deal, but it triggers a new 12 month period?

Not sure if I am getting this right, but mine is saying a new 12 month contract to upgrade to Q but at my current 50% off deal (plus the £12pm for Q). So it might be that you 'carry over' your current deal, but it triggers a new 12 month period?
Yes you carry over all your discount until the date original agreed and you sign a new new 12 month contract. So in my case my bill will go up to full price for the last 2 or 3 months as my deal will have ran out.

New Sky channel called sky sports mix available to all customers.

Last edited:
Yes you carry over all your discount until the date original agreed and you sign a new new 12 month contract. So in my case my bill will go up to full price for the last 2 or 3 months as my deal will have ran out.

New Sky channel called sky sports mix available to all customers.
Ok with you now :lol:

Hmm it's made it a little more tempting for me, as I am still in my first month so would get pretty much the full 12 month discount applied to Q...

I see in the terms and conditions the cost of install is only £10? Surely that can't include the dish aswell does it?

The house I'm moving into has nothing at present...
Pretty sure the £10 covers every thing. I took an offer up last year for £10 month basic package and £10 installaton and got £75 cashback, so £55 over the 12 months. Only got Sky cos I wanted a dish installing and it worked out cheaper than getting it done off someone else. :lol:

Just been on the live chat and they do let you carry your discount over to Q so thanks to whoever pointed that out earlier in the thread. I don't have multi room at the minute so the upgrade cost for me is an extra £12 a month + £60 install. Just recently fixed my discount for 12 months so tempted to go with this. I currently use a hd sender to me bedroom so can put the mini in me dining room or vice versa. Alternatively the hd sender was pricey when I bought it so might be able to get a decent chunk back on ebay and put it towards another Q mini box.

How are those with Q finding it? Recommend it?

Just been on the live chat and they do let you carry your discount over to Q so thanks to whoever pointed that out earlier in the thread. I don't have multi room at the minute so the upgrade cost for me is an extra £12 a month + £60 install. Just recently fixed my discount for 12 months so tempted to go with this. I currently use a hd sender to me bedroom so can put the mini in me dining room or vice versa. Alternatively the hd sender was pricey when I bought it so might be able to get a decent chunk back on ebay and put it towards another Q mini box.

It's absolutely amazing. Do it, you won't regret it.

I like it. We move the second box into different rooms too. Plus it's quite small too. Automatically series links. The remote on the silver box has a touch button which is very different and will take a couple of days to become natural. It links via Bluetooth so doesn't have to she pointed at the box. A tip. Mine for some reason unlinked so pressing buttons 1 and 3 together will pair the remote with the box.

Aye that's the deal I got. Getting it installed a week tomorrow. Need to get a 4K TV now. Any excuse........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back