Rodwell....

Status
Not open for further replies.

When I get in from the match and read this place, I sometimes wonder if the streams were buffering for the full 90 mins.

Rodwell was fine today. They were no negatives

Rodwell made some good blocks but also loafed around in the midfield and at the end, when everyone was getting stuck in, he looked like a dog chasing a balloon (slowly). It's such a shame but he's awful and clueless.

We win a game and every player is feted, we lose and they are stalked by the torch and pitchfork brigade.
Totally with your summary, people are focussing on his excellent block, but ignoring his ambling about going nowhere.
I was furious when the ball broke free by the touchline, he was about 15 yards away and the Utd player was about 20. He just jogged towards it and was still 5 yards away when the other lad collected the ball....just unreal, anbd not isolated.
Also the people here saying he played well, he nearly lost us the game at the death. The ball rolled past him in the box, about half a yard from him and he just turned and watched it roll to a Utd player 8 yards from goal, see if they show it on MOTD.
I suspect if Utd had equalised there he wouldn't be getting the same opinion from posters here. Many here judge a player on key moments in a game only.
I don't come on here after every defeat classing players as the worst ever, and I won't do the opposite after a win.

But Sam has done well with his Jan buys hasn't he?

He was better in the second half. A brilliant block, but he took ages to get into the match in the first half just watching play pass him by. Played decent today, but compared to previous appearances he was outstanding.

The trouble is that we suffer from what every team down to Sunday league suffers.

Sunderland have a manager who wants to play his system. In this system he wants players to play in a particular role, this may be a role that they are not suited but it's all we have.
Ndoye today for example. Never a right handed midfielder who tracks back but did OK.
Cattermole this season is playing a different role so when this happens, fans look and say "what's happened?"

With Rodwell he isn't a player suited to a system we operate. He isn't a tough tackler, or a 100% player so when the game passes us by he stands out as poor.
Take Barkley from Everyon. If he played today for us he wouldn't offer much. The odd flashes but would stand out as being extremely lazy and ineffective.

Sam has us looking better than we have for a while. I didn't wNt him but by god was I wrong. His transfer dealing have been first class and I trust him with our club.

"Fans" saying they would rather play with ten men is a direct attack on the manager who isn't stupid. He dropped Billy Jones and is not afraid of making decisions however wants to play his way.

It's about time we stopped making scapegoats. Get this team settled and start improving.

Would anyone think of 4 points from the last three games?
Rodwell today played his part and it was an acceptable performance. If we played with ten men, we would have got beat.

Was going to start a thread but predictablly there is one. Obviously the current boo boy. Imwont defend him to the hilt, he has proved very poor value for money, but today he did very well I thought. Hardly made an error.

Some fans around me were looking for something to be wrong with him. He could be miles away from the action (in the right position) and getting stick. Unfair I felt.

Today he did well.

He wasn't at the races. Their midfield ghosted past him time after time whilst he just jogged around watching on. Slow, no effort and the important blocks you refer to were possible because the play came near to him and not the other way round.
Being on the halfway line and also sober, I had the misfortune of watching his cameo from perfect perspective.
That was simply woeful.
Anyone who can pick out Rodwell as being woeful amongst that team performance clearly has an agenda/vendetta against the lad. Nothing he did today warranted the level of criticism. It's just haters wanting to hate and you're clearly one of them.

This thread reminds me of the Jozy ones, 10 million pound player does a couple of decent things and people clutch at them as a sign he may come good.
I'm afraid it is not going to happen sadly.

Chuffed with the result mind....c'mon Chelsea.

rodwell will never have a moment like altidore's step overs at craven cottage.

bookmark if need be.

Terrible player with a horrendous knack of being invisible
Would never let this sad excuse of a footballer pull on the red & white shirt again

I made a point of watching him up until our 2nd I am think he touched the ball about 8 times. One of them was a good block the rest were easy passes just helping the ball along. He didn't affect the game in any way shape or form. Basically he shouldn't be on the pitch.

Contradicting yourself there mate ,if he made a good block of a goal bound shot ,that alone affected the game.
He was tidy today nothing more nothing less ,if he hadn't of cost us 10 M he may have got a bit more latitude.
Complete waste of money at that price but that's not his fault. Clearly has no confidence in his ability to stay injury free .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back