Rodwell....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodwell made some good blocks but also loafed around in the midfield and at the end, when everyone was getting stuck in, he looked like a dog chasing a balloon (slowly). It's such a shame but he's awful and clueless.

There's no denying Rodwell did a few things areet but it does seem as if some are ignoring his weaknesses that he still showed quite regularly in the game. The shot he blocked was going straight to Mannone so wasn't a vital block as I think someone suggested it would have been 2-2 if he didn't block it but fair play to him for blocking it regardless as that's what should be done :cool:

There are a few examples of him not doing what he could and should do and one was with just 15 seconds or so left. The ball goes to Carrick from Mata yet Rodwell (while pointing) runs out at a strange angle to close down Carrick so is ineffective as he still ends up at Carrick's right instead of in front of him. This allows Carrick to attempt a pass but M'Vila cuts out the pass but then Rodwell decides to point (he does this quite a lot) at Ola to get it even though Ola was still running back and had nee chance of getting it or maybe he was pointing at M'Vila to get it, who knows? Rodwell has a few yards on Carrick yet when he eventually reacts Carrick gets the ball with ease and attempts another pass.

M'Vila visibly lost his rag with him and I don't blame him as M'Vila busts a gut at times yet he saw Rodwell just ball watching and pointing. Rodwell seems to point loads and telling others what to do yet ignores what he could and should be doing himself.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:

i was very worried when he came on so early but that was his best performance of the season... the bar isn't set too high mind

Looks like Rodwell is the new boo boy, had a good game yesterday. Sometimes kept it simple, probably because he's lacking confidence. Did his defensive job very well and got into good positions going forward.

Some people seem to like criticising him no matter what he does unfortunately.

I thought he done well when he came on personally. No getting away from the fact he's been shite in general, but he doesn't deserve criticism for yesterday like. He'll be needed as well in the run in, but some have their minds made up about him in games, before he even kicks a ball.

Anyone who can pick out Rodwell as being woeful amongst that team performance clearly has an agenda/vendetta against the lad. Nothing he did today warranted the level of criticism. It's just haters wanting to hate and you're clearly one of them.

Not at all, but I do appear to have much higher standards than yours, as do increasingly those that have to play with Rodwell.

Slow of the mark at times but done nothing more than that wrong. decent game. Offers just as much as cattermole who is absolutely awful when in Possesion and is getting just as bad when out of Possesion as well

Is this the Cattermole who made two superb passes both of which should have led to goals. Rodwell was just OK yesterday, the German had more touches and passes in the 15 minutes he played than Rodwell did in the next 75.

I have come to the conclusion he plays scared .

It must be from the injuries but it's ruined his game
This for me. Was much improved on the ball but goes missing for long spells, his positioning and movement off the ball is appalling. Since I've seen him dominate games in the past I can only assume it's bad attitude or fear.

There's no denying Rodwell did a few things areet but it does seem as if some are ignoring his weaknesses that he still showed quite regularly in the game. The shot he blocked was going straight to Mannone so wasn't a vital block as I think someone suggested it would have been 2-2 if he didn't block it but fair play to him for blocking it regardless as that's what should be done :cool:

There are a few examples of him not doing what he could and should do and one was with just 15 seconds or so left. The ball goes to Carrick from Mata yet Rodwell (while pointing) runs out at a strange angle to close down Carrick so is ineffective as he still ends up at Carrick's right instead of in front of him. This allows Carrick to attempt a pass but M'Vila cuts out the pass but then Rodwell decides to point (he does this quite a lot) at Ola to get it even though Ola was still running back and had nee chance of getting it or maybe he was pointing at M'Vila to get it, who knows? Rodwell has a few yards on Carrick yet when he eventually reacts Carrick gets the ball with ease and attempts another pass.

M'Vila visibly lost his rag with him and I don't blame him as M'Vila busts a gut at times yet he saw Rodwell just ball watching and pointing. Rodwell seems to point loads and telling others what to do yet ignores what he could and should be doing himself.

Logon or register to see this image

Spot on. He is even slower in thought than in movement, which is some achievement

I don't know how we will get rid of him!

FFS, he played well yesterday!
Jesus!

He was fairly anonymous, didn't do anything too shite though so can't really complain. It's going to be a struggle though if Kirchoff's injury is bad and this clown as to start games, we'd have been far better off keeping Gomez for situations like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back