Rodwell....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contradicting yourself there mate ,if he made a good block of a goal bound shot ,that alone affected the game.
He was tidy today nothing more nothing less ,if he hadn't of cost us 10 M he may have got a bit more latitude.
Complete waste of money at that price but that's not his fault. Clearly has no confidence in his ability to stay injury free .
Why is he so horrifically slow? Looks like he has bags of cement strapped to his legs.

You're in Sam's shoes till the end of the season, would you give him this run of games he needs?

No.

Last edited:

I was at the game as usual and will call it exactly as I see it. By full time he had an okay game. He is painfully slow and doesn't want the ball, still hiding.
That's the key for me , he turns away and hides all the time . Just watch the highlights, it's as clear as day.

It's either lack of confidence or perhaps injuries have just taken their toll. It's sad to see but compare him to mvila or even Catts and its like chalk and cheese .

There are things that he occasionally does and can do that makes me hopeful. But he plays the game like he's stoned off his tits. He wanders around aimlessly not getting involved in anything, the ball basically has to bounce to him for him to get anywhere near it.

Think we should have kept Gomez.
Good summary

Watching him closely today - and he did some good things - but when you watch him, as soon as he gets the ball, his first instinct is to avoid doing anything wrong, rather than trying to make something happen.

Whether it is lack of passion or lack of confidence, I have no idea, but whatever division we are in in the summer, we need more central midfielders - he is never going to have what it takes, and will probably be working in the media by the time he is 30.

The fact that we beat Man Utd with a midfield three, at the end, which included Rodwell and Toivonen, is unbelievable, really.

Slow of the mark at times but done nothing more than that wrong. decent game. Offers just as much as cattermole who is absolutely awful when in Possesion and is getting just as bad when out of Possesion as well

Anyone who can pick out Rodwell as being woeful amongst that team performance clearly has an agenda/vendetta against the lad. Nothing he did today warranted the level of criticism. It's just haters wanting to hate and you're clearly one of them.
Sorry Mr Rodwell

Slow of the mark at times but done nothing more than that wrong. decent game. Offers just as much as cattermole who is absolutely awful when in Possesion and is getting just as bad when out of Possesion as well
:eek: he was excellent out of possession today. We kept our shape really well.

Anyone who says he had a decent game today Is blinded by the result

He is lazy and positionally inept , his thought process is almost as slow as his pace
Anyone who says he was not decent today is blinded by his price tag and previous games.

You're in Sam's shoes till the end of the season, would you give him this run of games he needs?
If the choice is the Swedish carthorse then yes.

:eek: he was excellent out of possession today. We kept our shape really well.
I disagree, cattermole is getting more concerned with looking over his shoulder with what's happening behind him than doing what he should be doing. He seems to have lost a lot of mobility the last 2 month and is so easy to evade. He is also disgusting when in possession he breaks down so many attacks it's unbelievable. Imo I'd move Khazri into the 3rd cm role with borini coming in out wide.

I disagree, cattermole is getting more concerned with looking over his shoulder with what's happening behind him than doing what he should be doing. He seems to have lost a lot of mobility the last 2 month and is so easy to evade. He is also disgusting when in possession he breaks down so many attacks it's unbelievable. Imo I'd move Khazri into the 3rd cm role with borini coming in out wide.
2 of our best forward moves today involved him. He was excellent out of possession today. Really disciplined and covered Yedlin on numerous occasions. I'm not sure what game you were watching.

2 of our best forward moves today involved him. He was excellent out of possession today. Really disciplined and covered Yedlin on numerous occasions. I'm not sure what game you were watching.
He made one very good pass to pva. He constantly made wrong decisions in Possesion apart from that. Out of Possesion he is just so slow now, he takes an age to close down, he needs to be replaced if we are to move forward.
It's also just my opinion. Doesn't mean I was watching a different game. I think he has been awful this season.

Thought he done well today. Hope he can prove me and the doubters wrong
I don't think he will however he was decent today

He made one very good pass to pva. He constantly made wrong decisions in Possesion apart from that. Out of Possesion he is just so slow now, he takes an age to close down, he needs to be replaced if we are to move forward.
It's also just my opinion. Doesn't mean I was watching a different game. I think he has been awful this season.
I would agree with the last sentence. He wasn't awful today though. Also are you forgetting N'Doye being clean through and who made that pass?

I don't think he will however he was decent today

I would agree with the last sentence. He wasn't awful today though. Also are you forgetting N'Doye being clean through and who made that pass?
I did forget that pass but it want a difficult one really. I just think now we see a team with two holding midfielders in it that are comfortable on the ball and do more than cattermole off it, it just shows how limited he really is. In the past I've always thought we needed him but now he shouldn't be in the starting line up imo

I did forget that pass but it want a difficult one really. I just think now we see a team with two holding midfielders in it that are comfortable on the ball and do more than cattermole off it, it just shows how limited he really is. In the past I've always thought we needed him but now he shouldn't be in the starting line up imo
It was a good pass, well timed and a good weight on it. Give credit where it's due. He done enough today to warrant his place in the side for our next match.

There are things that he occasionally does and can do that makes me hopeful. But he plays the game like he's stoned off his tits. He wanders around aimlessly not getting involved in anything, the ball basically has to bounce to him for him to get anywhere near it.

Think we should have kept Gomez.
This comment sums the useless knacker up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back