Rodwell....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed-not a fan of his but thought he did ok when he came on. Fair enough slating someone when they're crap but give him some credit when it's the other way.

Gets on my tits when he says "shall"
Think some people took decent as me saying he was amazing. He was decent 6-7 out of 10 for me

Just wanders about really. Hes always near but rarely involved in the game

I made a point of watching him on Saturday, and he's permanently off the pace, he strolls up and down the pitch following the flow of the game without actually getting involved. I think he touched the ball about 8 times in the first half hour of the second half. When he passes the ball he just seems to help it on without actually affecting the game. Yes he made a block, but most of the time he just wanders around pointing. He's a passenger and when he's on the pitch its like playing with 10 men.

What I have been saying, the fact we had a great result and he made a good block seems to have brainwashed people into thinking he played well overall. He was a passenger, along with nearly losing us the game in injury time when he just watched the ball pass by his foot in the box straight to a Man Utd player.
Basically everyone praising him seems to be saying, "He made a good block and didn't do anything that lead to a goal".:rolleyes:
Call me old fashioned but I like my players to try and affect the game, this can mean f***ing up, but it is better than fuck all.

In fairness I do recall he did something good other than the block.
I can't actually remember what it was.
I just remember thinking "Rodders did something".

He was pretty decent when he came on but you have to take at least one of the chances he had.

Rodwell did ok. He hit a first time shot on target. Im not his biggest fan but he did ok today and at least got into the box which we had failed to do for much of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back