Rodwell....

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been one of his biggest critics but he did pretty well today. Made some decent contributions and the block was outstanding. Do I think he will come good? No, I don't, but give the lad a break. He did fine today.

He ran around a bit, 6/10. Pretty pitiful return given what we paid and expected. Anyone could do his job really providing they're capable of lasting 60 mins + on a football pitch and can run

I don't particularly like him and I don't think he'll come good but I think he showed more determination at times today. He hasn't suddenly turned into a raging psychopath or owt but if he contributes in a similar vein when called upon till the end of the season it's the best I can hope for with him.

He ran around a bit, 6/10. Pretty pitiful return given what we paid and expected. Anyone could do his job really providing they're capable of lasting 60 mins + on a football pitch and can run

What we paid is gone man ffs, it's never coming back and it was a mistake. Continuing to judge him or an individual performance on that when we know it was an almighty f***ing error is insane - it doesn't help anyone. All we can hope is that if we need him, he makes a worth contribution and today the lad done ok, which is more than he's generally managed.

And if you weren't rating his performance on fee, then why mention it?

Find it incredible how

a) anyone can want to pick a scapegoat today

b) pick on Rodwell's performance today

c) pick on Rodwell's involvement when you realise Toivonen is probably next in line

I guess some just need a scapegoat
Give the lad a chance, he just needs some confidence!

The game completely passed him by man !
Khazri covered more ground in the last 5 minutes of the game than Rodwell did in his entire time on the park.
Which game were you watching ? :oops:
I was there and completely sober, he was part of it, made important blocks and certainly wasn't bad enough to make a thread about him.some people have an agenda and won't change

I was there and completely sober, he was part of it, made important blocks and certainly wasn't bad enough to make a thread about him.some people have an agenda and won't change

He wasn't at the races. Their midfield ghosted past him time after time whilst he just jogged around watching on. Slow, no effort and the important blocks you refer to were possible because the play came near to him and not the other way round.
Being on the halfway line and also sober, I had the misfortune of watching his cameo from perfect perspective.
That was simply woeful.

He wasn't at the races. Their midfield ghosted past him time after time whilst he just jogged around watching on. Slow, no effort and the important blocks you refer to were possible because the play came near to him and not the other way round.
Being on the halfway line and also sober, I had the misfortune of watching his cameo from perfect perspective.
That was simply woeful.
No

I don't particularly like him and I don't think he'll come good but I think he showed more determination at times today. He hasn't suddenly turned into a raging psychopath or owt but if he contributes in a similar vein when called upon till the end of the season it's the best I can hope for with him.
good post

That was simply woeful.
accurate

i thought rodwell played well, i hope he pushes on, but i can't see it in the long run so I'm gonna enjoy this performance by me and mrs fulwell mackem smashing the cocktail menu down lib browns later on!!

If Rodwell can get a consistent run of games without injury, he is definitely not as bad as some make out and without doubt can become a decent player for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back