Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its called confidence. Playing in a side that wins brings confidence - he's not been doing that.

He's also been asked to pplay a role that doesn't suit his strengths so that hasn't allowed him familiarity to develop confidence.
Agreed. Showed huge potential with Everton, which prompted big bucks Man City to sign him.
Unfortunately and it happens to so many young players, they sign for the "big clubs" only to fall by the wayside.

What next for him?

Seems a vicious circle. Needs games to get his fitness and game up to speed. Plus needs to completely rebuild his confidence.

Yet we can't afford to give him it really without jeopardising our overall results.

The fact he got a token role with a minute to go yesterday to use up time says it all.

Not sure what will become of him here. We need to either throw him in and have a shot at getting him back to somewhere close to the player with the potential he has shown to be or he needs to move on.

Doesn't suit either us or him considering we paid 10 million quid for him and he moved here to play for him to be on the bench for the foreseeable future.
New tommy miller for me....

Doesn't do or show enough to warrant a place ahead of others. There's no doubting he has potential going off his younger days at Everton, but does he want to make it enough? Just seems invisible on the pitch. Lets face it, he's "made it" already after his move to City, maybe johnson should have a word.

I am convinced that it's mainly down to confidence and his willingness to take responsibility... possibly work rate too. He needs to demand the ball more and just do more, he is anonymous way too much.

This. A lot of it comes down to attitude - he needs to go out on the pitch with a bit of confidence and act like a marquee player that cost £10m.

I cant see his quality. I am not a kneejerker and always give players a chance and will continue to do so. However I have never seen real quality where I am thinking, wait till he is fit and we have a player on our hands. Nothing stands out for me apart from he seems decent in the air. £10m he has shown absolutely no signs he is worth that imo

Why, because he was
free,
from the c'ship,
doesn't do crunching tackles,
doesn't run around at a million miles per hour
There seems to be a small but noisy hard core that hold the lad in utter disdain.
I feel it's because they made their mind up before he arrived and they don't want to lose face admitting he's not that bad after all

Sorry but I disagree. Bridcutt gets better with every game. Gomez too is getting stronger and stronger. Both very underrated.
I agree with you.No idea why Gomez gets such a slagging.Not the world's most exciting player but reliable in possession and finds nice angles and passes-take the lovely reverse pass he fed to Wickam to shoot on sunday on right hand side of box.Clever passer.

New tommy miller for me....

Doesn't do or show enough to warrant a place ahead of others. There's no doubting he has potential going off his younger days at Everton, but does he want to make it enough? Just seems invisible on the pitch. Lets face it, he's "made it" already after his move to City, maybe johnson should have a word.

Johnson made more appearances in his first half season at City than Rodwell did in the two years he was there, says it all really.

Games like hull he should run
Match huddlestone easy and force himself back in the side, having Rodwell in form and Catts in our midfield with Larssons creativity should play a massive part in us getting mid table or so, that's if they do the business

agreed : we should start him at home against weaker sides when we're less likely to be under the cosh / backs to the wall and see if we can unlock our 10 millions' worth

I agree with you.No idea why Gomez gets such a slagging.Not the world's most exciting player but reliable in possession and finds nice angles and passes-take the lovely reverse pass he fed to Wickam to shoot on sunday on right hand side of box.Clever passer.

only fault I can find with Bridcutt is that he takes 5 minutes to get to the pace of the game when brought on as a sub . Gomez is a text book Gus player , unhurried on the ball, doesn't turn it over , makes himself available , finds a simple pass...

Would go with that, was seemingly his best position when he was younger, could be a natural replacement for Wes when he's off too.

He's just about always played midfield. Due to size and being comfortable on the ball people have always thought he'd be a modern day centre half. Considering many of the reasons people think he's not shown form yet is because we haven't played him in his natural position, also he hasn't shown himself to be particularly dominant in midfield or physical, I see absolutely no reason other than him being decent in the air for playing him at centre half, actually I cold see him being a liability.

He's just about always played midfield. Due to size and being comfortable on the ball people have always thought he'd be a modern day centre half. Considering many of the reasons people think he's not shown form yet is because we haven't played him in his natural position, also he hasn't shown himself to be particularly dominant in midfield or physical, I see absolutely no reason other than him being decent in the air for playing him at centre half, actually I cold see him being a liability.
I agree , he's not making tackles in MF , IF ITS DOWN TO HIM BEING SCARED OF ANOTHER INJURY HE WOULD INDEED BE A LIABILITY AT CH

We should bite the bullet and play him every game. Him and Wickham if played week in, week out would be excellent players for us in the long term.

Thought he looked ok sparingly after a few weeks in, can certainly get stuck in and has showed previously he has a shot on him. Will never be a player to play the pass through a defence though.

This, unfortunately.

Why isn't he 100% now? He's had no serious injuries since he got here and if I'm not wrong gets paid £xx,xxx per week to train and get fit at a private sports academy every day.

There are no excuses IMO
Even though players consistently need time to bed in, we always end up with this sort of shit after they've beene here half a season. Tbf he hasn't been amazing but ue hasn't really done anything wrong either and yet he is now the next Dereck Ferguson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back