Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of carlos edwards in that after he did his cruciate he was never the same player again , have we seen rodwell get into a crunching tackle yet ? Can't think of one . Is it lack of confidence in his own ability or is he frightened to death of another serious injury ?

quite a few

Sometimes you just have to admit that you have had your eyes taken out on a deal. He isn't as good as Free Gomez or 2.5m Bridcutt and they are both average at best
This, unfortunately.

all im saying is that if he was 100% he wouldn't be here no need to be a clever shit
Why isn't he 100% now? He's had no serious injuries since he got here and if I'm not wrong gets paid £xx,xxx per week to train and get fit at a private sports academy every day.

There are no excuses IMO

Rev managed alright after not playing a game for six months

Yes, he did.
I'll throw another spanner in though and say that a small percentage of sportsmen are gifted with certain body structures that make them naturally fit. Rev appears to be one of those who would still be relatively fit and healthy if he didn't even walk to the bottom of his garden for a year.
Some people have a light but wiry structure and never seem to gain weight. I must admit i hated those c*nts.:):):)

Looks like an expensive Tommy Miller. Typical Sunderland really, we have 10m to spend on a good player and we get one who cant even break into our midfield. Laughable how many bad signings we make. That 10m should have gone on a decent striker or left winger, could have been the difference in the high amount of draws we have had.

Patience and not exaggerating an obvious situation is needed. He's not performing well enough to start right now, but could still be an important player in the near future and beyond.

This. I think he'll come good. I also think he'd have had the chance to play more if it wasnt for Larsson's cracking form, as it is we cant really fit him in the side regularly. He'll get his chance.

Player in him yet...We waited 3 years on Wickham and he has still yet to perform to our expectation and potential he showed at Ipswich Town. What is another 3 months? I believe in Rodwell and have always said him, AJ and Catt. are are cornerstone for the next 4 years.

Looks like an expensive Tommy Miller. Typical Sunderland really, we have 10m to spend on a good player and we get one who cant even break into our midfield. Laughable how many bad signings we make. That 10m should have gone on a decent striker or left winger, could have been the difference in the high amount of draws we have had.
Exactly who he reminds me of

Player in him yet...We waited 3 years on Wickham and he has still yet to perform to our expectation and potential he showed at Ipswich Town. What is another 3 months? I believe in Rodwell and have always said him, AJ and Catt. are are cornerstone for the next 4 years.
Wickham has a similar scoring record here to when he was at Ipswich so he is actually showing his potential wich is shite apart from been big and strong he simply hasn't got what it takes he can't shoot

Will get games as the squad gets stretched, and hopefully will kick on

Never worth £10m like. Unfortunately
love a bit of well informed 20~20 hindsight.
honesty isnt in great supply on here but we all were rapt when we signed him and most thought it was a bargain price.
also iirc the base fee was 7m rising to 10m ( read that somewhere i'm sure ).
clubs make mistakes get over it. the mags paid 12m for that cabella (sp). united paid 32m for herrera, psg paid 50m for luiz, chelsea paid 50m for torres 3 years ago and noone wants him on loan.
it hurts but frankly pants for nowt massively assuages the 'pain'. gomez for nowt has been good value (that will irk some but who cares).
i'd send rodwell to the c'ship as we did wickham . he needs a bit confidence.
maybe give him some game time at cb.
whatever people need to get over the possible 'loss' and stop all this faux righteous indignation re waste of money.
it's pathetic.

Won't displace Seb or Lee but could easily displace Bridcutt or Gomez. Where Giacc fits in I'm not so sure.
Given Rodwell's form thus far, it's a bloody good job we shelled out the coppers for those 2. proven to be fantastic value for money

Will get his chance over the next couole of weeks. But it is up to him to grab it. If he doesn't then his career could be over as far as the top flight is concerned.

Given Rodwell's form thus far, it's a bloody good job we shelled out the coppers for those 2. proven to be fantastic value for money
That central midfield is going to be a 'tough club to join'.
A fit Catts and Seb, right now are undroppable. Gomez is getting stronger every game. Alvarez is not far from being ready for the full 90 minutes.
Where Rodwell is right now might indicate that's a lot of catching up to do.
I still believe we lack pace, but if we get our preferred fullbacks fit and ready ( Jones/Rev and PvA ) that will help immensely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back