Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyLove

Striker
What next for him?

Seems a vicious circle. Needs games to get his fitness and game up to speed. Plus needs to completely rebuild his confidence.

Yet we can't afford to give him it really without jeopardising our overall results.

The fact he got a token role with a minute to go yesterday to use up time says it all.

Not sure what will become of him here. We need to either throw him in and have a shot at getting him back to somewhere close to the player with the potential he has shown to be or he needs to move on.

Doesn't suit either us or him considering we paid 10 million quid for him and he moved here to play for him to be on the bench for the foreseeable future.

What next for him?

Seems a vicious circle. Needs games to get his fitness and game up to speed. Plus needs to completely rebuild his confidence.

Yet we can't afford to give him it really without jeopardising our overall results.

The fact he got a token role with a minute to go yesterday to use up time says it all.

Not sure what will become of him here. We need to either throw him in and have a shot at getting him back to somewhere close to the player with the potential he has shown to be or he needs to move on.

Doesn't suit either us or him considering we paid 10 million quid for him and he moved here to play for him to be on the bench for the foreseeable future.

He's had plenty of games to get up to speed. Believe me, it shouldn't take that long from a base fitness level.
What concerns me more is if/when he finally does get up to speed is his playing style the balance we need?? Having watched him i'm not too sure.

Class at Everton, 'ignored' at Man City, looks shot to bits here.

I still have some hope, but it's evaporating quickly.

I didn't even realise he came on until I watched the highlights today :lol: He hasn't shown much so far.

One thing is for sure is if he doesn't get the game time he needs and the Gus decides he doesn't want him for one reason or another the 10m we paid for his services can be kissed goodbye as we will not see nowhere near that in return if he is sold on.

He's had plenty of games to get up to speed. Believe me, it shouldn't take that long from a base fitness level.
What concerns me more is if/when he finally does get up to speed is his playing style the balance we need?? Having watched him i'm not too sure.
Reminds me of carlos edwards in that after he did his cruciate he was never the same player again , have we seen rodwell get into a crunching tackle yet ? Can't think of one . Is it lack of confidence in his own ability or is he frightened to death of another serious injury ?

Daft signing really as we needed someone to slot right in but the only reason we got a quality player like him is because of his injuries and lack of playing time at Man City. Potentially the best midfielder we've had so theres still hope

Games like hull he should run
Match huddlestone easy and force himself back in the side, having Rodwell in form and Catts in our midfield with Larssons creativity should play a massive part in us getting mid table or so, that's if they do the business

Daft signing really as we needed someone to slot right in but the only reason we got a quality player like him is because of his injuries and lack of playing time at Man City. Potentially the best midfielder we've had so theres still hope

That's precisely what is in dispute man. :D

Signing a player who has played so little first-team football for 2 years was always going to be a gamble and so far it hasn't come off at all.

Only had a handful of decent games for Everton the one against man ute seemed to overhype him couldn't even get a regular game for Everton

What next for him?

Well if we can get a couple more wins under our belt and get safely mid table - I suppose we can try him out later in the season and see if he can run into form - much like Alvarez and Giac - we need to get some game time for these guys if they are ever to step up...

Reminds me of carlos edwards in that after he did his cruciate he was never the same player again , have we seen rodwell get into a crunching tackle yet ? Can't think of one . Is it lack of confidence in his own ability or is he frightened to death of another serious injury ?

From experience i fully understand what match fitness is at this level and it's very hard to replicate in training. No matter how hard you think you're training and how fit you believe yourself to be it still comes as a shock to the system.
That said, once your core fitness is there it should only take half a dozen games and a bit of determination.
I'm starting to think the same as you. Is his "fitness" already up to scratch but his body isn't quite? He just seems off the pace.

From experience i fully understand what match fitness is at this level and it's very hard to replicate in training. No matter how hard you think you're training and how fit you believe yourself to be it still comes as a shock to the system.
That said, once your core fitness is there it should only take half a dozen games and a bit of determination.
I'm starting to think the same as you. Is his "fitness" already up to scratch but his body isn't quite? He just seems off the pace.
Rev managed alright after not playing a game for six months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back