Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Piston wear his undercrackers outside his pants then...........

Jesus. A handful of games for us an he's being written off? SMB at its best as always......

I suppose you have to take into account the lack of footballing knowledge on here as this was of course the same board that labelled both Carrick and Milner as "shite" when they were linked with us a few season back.

Rodwell will come good, he needs time to adapt - he's gone from playing (or watching) with world class players in a team that plays an expansive, possession based brand of football where each player, when in possession of the ball has at least 2 willing runners and another 2 out balls to a team full of average prem players lacking in quality in a team that sets itself up not to lose as a priority....

This. Staggering what little actual football knowledge exists in these pages.

And im wasting my time as to if you're a fantasist, even if you were you wouldn't be able to admit it. Really not my place to be pointing fingers when I have no idea either way, so you have my apologies.

No problems, i accept your apology, even if you're not sure it's fully deserved.
Like everyone on here, my life has taken many different roads. At certain crossroads it could've and would've taken me in another direction and changed the course of my life.
I can think of numerous life changing "what if's" and "if only's" that have steered my life and others close to me.

Either way, Have a Merry Christmas on me.:)

I am convinced that it's mainly down to confidence and his willingness to take responsibility... possibly work rate too. He needs to demand the ball more and just do more, he is anonymous way too much.

So he's got no confidence, won't take on responsibility , his work rate is questionable and he's a crock

£10m doesn't get ya much nowadays :lol::lol:

This. Staggering what little actual football knowledge exists in these pages.
Matched only by the staggering delusion of many. :) He's been here 5 months and the lad's shown very little. Based on what we've seen of him over the last 30 months, you'd be mad not to have a moment of doubt over the 10 large he cost us. :/

the omens aren't good with Rodwell - by rights a bright English talent costing £10m and coming from a great team like city should walk into our team easily - he hasn't :(

So he's got no confidence, won't take on responsibility , his work rate is questionable and he's a crock

£10m doesn't get ya much nowadays :lol::lol:

As of now, it's looking like a bit of a mistake tbf. As in, he's not contributing more than someone like Gomez who we got for free. But now that we have him, we should be trying to get the best out of him as possible... I would say that he has a bit more natural talent than the likes of Gomez and Bridcutt and he should be producing more.

Sometimes you just have to admit that you have had your eyes taken out on a deal. He isn't as good as Free Gomez or 2.5m Bridcutt and they are both average at best

This, 100%. Folk can make all the excuses they like, but for whatever reason, he isn't good enough to claim a place in our moderate midfield. Yet another squad player.

Daft signing really as we needed someone to slot right in but the only reason we got a quality player like him is because of his injuries and lack of playing time at Man City. Potentially the best midfielder we've had so theres still hope
Daft signing that everyone was happy with iirc

Given the upcoming fixture list, I'd imagine we'll be seeing him starting at least 1 game in the short term. He might even be used as cover at the back. It's good we have a lot of CMs as we don't seem to have numbers anywhere else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back