Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bed wetting seams to have reached epidemic proportions. It's pathetic. 'Supporters' expect the team to play 90 mins, and not give up until the final whistle goes, when they themselves abandon hope and throw in the towel at the first sign of a setback. Some on here make Stubber look like an optimist.

Borini was 'good news' even though he hasn't jumped at the chance to come. (He may still). It says that Ellis is prepared to back Gus to the tune of 14m for the right player, and that knowing we'd still need strengthening in other areas.

Plus we have the possibility of 2 premiership loans - we've a good track record here. Loans are usually sorted late - managers will often want to keep them in the squad to check their progress before sending them out.

Hardly a cert, Burnley, Leicester, Villa are substantially worse IMO...but yes...my concerns are growing though we haven't exactly never left it late before. Hope remains...but dwindles daily.

EDIT As Lee Street says above, WBA, I forgot about them, so things look even better.

Still loads of time man - maybe we are just working down the list - frustrating - oh yes, but I have absolute faith in Congerton and Poyet to bring the squad up to an acceptable depth and quality before OR ON, aug 31.

As for relegation, way too early to predict.

AS THINGS STAND today, its fairly safe to say the following :-

1. The title will be fought out between Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Arsenal

2. The CL spots will go to the above 4 teams UNLESS Man Utd make some top signings as they are nowhere near being above the other 4 at present.

3. UEFA spots between Man U, Spurs and Everton and maybe even Stoke City who seem to be progressing under the Welsh whinger.

4. Southampton will not get anywhere near 8th place and COULD be in a relegation fight esp as Koeman's record as a boss isn't great, and of course all the players they're losing.

5. The bottom 3 will be contested by QPR, BURNLEY, LEICESTER, VILLA, WHU, US, WBA, HULL -esp due to the EL involvement, and SOTON

6. Swansea look set for mid table again but that could change quickly if Bony goes, whilst I have no idea what them up the road will be like as so many players are unknown quantities - but if they do get Remy back {highly unlikely}, then mid table is a possibility.

I'm much more confident of a good season than last year. Poyet showed he's got something last season. I'm sure we'll get a few more decent signings and a fit Fletcher scores goals in the Premiership. Oh, and the youngsters coming through looked tremendous at Hartlepool - all good.

I'm far from happy with our transfer activity so far, but I'd imagine a fair few sets of fans will be having similar thoughts about their sides.

Still loads of time man - maybe we are just working down the list - frustrating - oh yes, but I have absolute faith in Congerton and Poyet to bring the squad up to an acceptable depth and quality before OR ON, aug 31.

As for relegation, way too early to predict.

AS THINGS STAND today, its fairly safe to say the following :-

1. The title will be fought out between Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Arsenal

2. The CL spots will go to the above 4 teams UNLESS Man Utd make some top signings as they are nowhere near being above the other 4 at present.

3. UEFA spots between Man U, Spurs and Everton and maybe even Stoke City who seem to be progressing under the Welsh whinger.

4. Southampton will not get anywhere near 8th place and COULD be in a relegation fight esp as Koeman's record as a boss isn't great, and of course all the players they're losing.

5. The bottom 3 will be contested by QPR, BURNLEY, LEICESTER, VILLA, WHU, US, WBA, HULL -esp due to the EL involvement, and SOTON

6. Swansea look set for mid table again but that could change quickly if Bony goes, whilst I have no idea what them up the road will be like as so many players are unknown quantities - but if they do get Remy back {highly unlikely}, then mid table is a possibility.
Where's the mags ?
Yeah fuck em .

We were shite last season and the team is now far weaker. We clearly struggle to get quality though the door so can't be convinced we will improve.

Relying on fletcher, cattermole and brown to stay fit for 38 games as it stands. Recipe for disaster as it stands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back