Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
As things stand, with players turning us down, we're are a cert to go down.

Month of the window left and we need easily 7 players.
Rubbish talk.....After August 1st a new fiscal year for SAFC thus better buying in August plus it's saves one month's wages on the overlap. Remember everyone the new FFP rules rolling 3 years balance sheet.

Rubbish talk.....After August 1st a new fiscal year for SAFC thus better buying in August plus it's saves one month's wages on the overlap. Remember everyone the new FFP rules rolling 3 years balance sheet.
I thought October was the start of the new fiscal year?? Or is it different in the UK?

I thought October was the start of the new fiscal year?? Or is it different in the UK?
No each company chooses it fiscal end of year my understanding thou Sunderland's is July 31st thus a buy and sell that matched monies in and out and most like for like salaries with or new LB and sold striker to Newell. Newcastle is June 30th thus early signings.

No each company chooses it fiscal end of year my understanding thou Sunderland's is July 31st thus a buy and sell that matched monies in and out and most like for like salaries with or new LB. Newcastle is June 30th thus early signings.
Ahh OK. Always figured fiscal year started oct1. Could it just be football clubs that follow this practice?

I'm in between the two extreme view points.

Some people are going completely way over the top about how bad things are, some are burying their heads in the sand saying everything is OK.

I am more disappointed because Poyet wanted the signings in early, to work them into his system. I think this new Director of Football has had a nightmare to be honest, seems fairly relaxed himself, but theres no good just signing everyone on deadline day, we need a quick start to the season this time.
we don't know the ins/outs of transfers with clubs and agents.just chill or get di fanti in again and 14 signings

Ahh OK. Always figured fiscal year started oct1. Could it just be football clubs that follow this practice?
No some Asset managers have it mid-year thus not forced to sell at the end of the year during xmas rallies and just selling for force tax proposes.

its April but as all football contracts end on June 30th anyway football clubs have a year end to suit............

Those arguing its a major consideration anyway are talking bollocks as clubs account for fees over the term of the contract..it has no bearing on when signings are made at all....

its April but as all football contracts end on June 30th anyway football clubs have a year end to suit............

Those arguing its a major consideration anyway are talking bollocks as clubs account for fees over the term of the contract..it has no bearing on when signings are made at all....
Thanks for the clarification...might stop some of us from clutching at that particular straw.

And that squad included Ki, Borini, Vergini and Alonso, none of whom we have on board, and with no realistic signs that they will be adequately replaced.
We signed two of those last minute on deadline day in August and the other two in January and youre pissing the bed in July about it.................

Priceless...........

How are we 'certs' to go down? Admittedly, if we didn't sign anybody else I'd agree, as the squad is paper thin. However, we OBVIOUSLY will bring in at least another 4 players, it would take staggering incompetence for our management team not to notice that 2 or 3 injuries to the current squad would see us fielding the tea lady.
In terms of the starting 11 though, there is currently very little difference between what side finished the season in 14th, and the likely starting 11 from the current lot (if we accept PVA, Jones, Gomez and Giaccherini as direct replacements for Alonso, Bardsley, Colback and Borini).
- noteworthy: Despite patchy form and adaptation issues, Giaccherini scored more goals from open play AND had more assists than Borini, from about half as much playing time.

It's not a certainty, but were not helping ourselves.

It's hardly a stretch to say that the team that gave us so much frustration last year has been weakened, and we hardly took the piss in staying up.

As it stands, unless we sign Borini (which is simply treading water, anyway) we have no links to any significant improvement on the squad and for me the OP is on the right tracks. It's always the highway to ridicule suggesting we will struggle. But there you go.

Didn't Steve Bruce claim praise for finishing tenth at SAFC? Have we finished higher since?

It's not a certainty, but were not helping ourselves.

It's hardly a stretch to say that the team that gave us so much frustration last year has been weakened, and we hardly took the piss in staying up.

As it stands, unless we sign Borini (which is simply treading water, anyway) we have no links to any significant improvement on the squad and for me the OP is on the right tracks. It's always the highway to ridicule suggesting we will struggle. But there you go.

Didn't Steve Bruce claim praise for finishing tenth at SAFC? Have we finished higher since?
To be fair, Bruce bangs on about 10th place, and our alleged regression post-Bruce. What is often overlooked however, is that during that 10th place season, we were 6th at Christmas and about 7 points clear of the sides below. We ended up finishing 10th on the final day courtesy of a freak set of results on GD. We finished 1 point above the team that finished 14th - which is exactly where Poyet finished with 8 games written off.

To be fair, Bruce bangs on about 10th place, and our alleged regression post-Bruce. What is often overlooked however, is that during that 10th place season, we were 6th at Christmas and about 7 points clear of the sides below. We ended up finishing 10th on the final day courtesy of a freak set of results on GD. We finished 1 point above the team that finished 14th - which is exactly where Poyet finished with 8 games written off.
Yes, but with quite the same set of freak results elevating us to 14th in the same way were elevated to 10th under Bruce.

What's pissing me off is that I'd just spent a fortune on footy manager bringing Fabio & Onion to the club, expecting the deals to go through. Now I don't want to play the bassas :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back