Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

i still think safc wil stay up. i also think that a canny few safc fans will be giving themselves a lot of stress and anxiety for little reason.

if we were ever to go down, it really was last season. we didn't, so getting all annoyed before we have even started is a waste of energy.

14 teams are desperate to reach 40 points asap. life in modern day top division football in england. i reckon 35 will be enough anyway

No but the point you are still missing is that those four players either signed late or in the case of two of them in January..............

Theres another month left and its more than likely we can sign similar quality again but theres no guarantee you can get them in at this point in time..

Nee point bed wetting when the vast majority of deals and certainly almost all the decent loans are done around deadline............

But my point is that loans are for the bonus bits, not core squad capability, else we keep on failing to fill key positions. Our best striker was a loan, our best (most creative) midfielder was a loan, our best full backs were loans. These are key positions, and the current signings do not meet "first pick" levels compared to the last crop.

I accept that acquisitions elsewhere may free up players to buy. We cannot build for the future based on the vagaries of what is available in the last week of the window.

We are forced to wait and see anyhow.

But my point is that loans are for the bonus bits, not core squad capability, else we keep on failing to fill key positions. Our best striker was a loan, our best (most creative) midfielder was a loan, our best full backs were loans. These are key positions, and the current signings do not meet "first pick" levels compared to the last crop.

I accept that acquisitions elsewhere may free up players to buy. We cannot build for the future based on the vagaries of what is available in the last week of the window.

We are forced to wait and see anyhow.

Never said we did but taking every little scrap that's reported and painting it black is also a tad silly..........

Its still a fact that the most part of the better business( bar the clubs and players out of our league) is always done close to and on deadline day..............

Southampton at present haven't got a team and WBA who lost more players than us have signed less than us at this point...didn't Leicester lose shedloads and have spent £8 million on a bloke whose never played in the PL...........

Its the norm not the exception and constant bedwetting doesn't disguise that or the fact we will be okay come the end of the window......

Never said we did but taking every little scrap that's reported and painting it black is also a tad silly..........

Its still a fact that the most part of the better business( bar the clubs and players out of our league) is always done close to and on deadline day..............

Southampton at present haven't got a team and WBA who lost more players than us have signed less than us at this point...didn't Leicester lose shedloads and have spent £8 million on a bloke whose never played in the PL...........

Its the norm not the exception and constant bedwetting doesn't disguise that or the fact we will be okay come the end of the window......

All fair points, but with a crowd that exceeds those of Southampton and WBA combined, a history that is arguably stronger than both combined, and with a chairman/owner that is probably richer than the owners of their tin pot outfits combined, I really do think we should be looking to compare ourselves to something a little up the evolutionary tree. ;)

All fair points, but with a crowd that exceeds those of Southampton and WBA combined, a history that is arguably stronger than both combined, and with a chairman/owner that is probably richer than the owners of their tin pot outfits combined, I really do think we should be looking to compare ourselves to something a little up the evolutionary tree. ;)

I would have another check on the attendance figures mate and also look at wealth of the folk who own Southampton.........;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back