Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the villa are worse than us thing? They score goals, if they tighten up at the back they'll be ok.
If Bent gets his mojo back, if Benteke is the same after injury (Alas poor Kenwyne, we knew him well), if Keane doesn't have a melt down, if Vlaar stays. Lots of if's around them atm

People seem to forget the 31 games Poyet was in charge our points were that of a comfortable mid table side.

I've mentioned this a few times in various 'concern' thread's and it's usually ignored. With a couple of signings I think we can have a season where we don't have to worry about relegation

If Bent gets his mojo back, if Benteke is the same after injury (Alas poor Kenwyne, we knew him well), if Keane doesn't have a melt down, if Vlaar stays. Lots of if's around them atm

Vlaar cannot play alongside Baker, Vlaar is not a talker or organiser and Baker is obviously not as good a player as Vlaar hence there is no great coordination in their back line.

Vlaar cannot play alongside Baker, Vlaar is not a talker or organiser and Baker is obviously not as good a player as Vlaar hence there is no great coordination in their back line.
Vlar to be honest has looked no great shakes in the PL............

People seem to forget the 31 games Poyet was in charge our points were that of a comfortable mid table side.
The way we finished last season papers over alot of the cracks we had then and they've only grown bigger during the summer, people are rightly concerned.

I don't get the villa are worse than us thing? They score goals, if they tighten up at the back they'll be ok.
yeah but thats like saying..if we sign a couple of good players we will be ok

theres no guarantees of anything..it will be the same as last season 3 from about 12 clubs will be vying to stay up...a poor run of form can seriously endanger you, or a load of bad fixtures
hull only just about got away with last season towards the end
the mags would have been in serious trouble without a better start
Norwich were ok but were killed of by a terrible last 8 games

we were dead and buried but some improbable and important wins

anything can happen so worrying about it at this stage seems madness

look at southampton...5 weeks ago there fans were looking forward to another top 8 finish and hopefully a go at a european spot...now look on saintsweb and its like suicide watch with them all predicting doom as their team walks out the door

As things stand, with players turning us down, we're are a cert to go down.

Month of the window left and we need easily 7 players.
I'm not too stressed. It might be this season, it might be next, maybe it will be 5 year's time, but one thing is pretty much certain, we're sunderland and we will get relegated, at some point in the short to medium term. accept it, roll with it....Zen.

I get there's squads a lot worse than ours in the PL this season, but whoever said Leicester to be one of them are in for a surprise I feel.

With the likes of Borini, Ki, Alonso, Bardsley and Colback all starting and all of whom have left.

3-4 more signings and a new contract for wickham and I'll be happy with that, I don't think it's too unlikely either

I'd be happy with that providing they are the right players in the right positions. Still quite a small squad as we are usually unlucky with injuries but I'm hoping some of the youth players get a chance if needs be. Would much rather that that signing someone like Celustka, Diakate, Roberge etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back