Northumberland/Tyneside based SAFC fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's good you're happy to listen to me though because I'm not Scottish. You should be ashamed of yourself for the bollocks you posted on here though. What a little slimeball you must be

Give it a rest man. He clearly posted in good faith.
You must be able to see those who do post scurrilously for kicks. He isn't one, he made an error.

Born and Bread North Shields SAFC since birth know at least 50 SAFC fans in North Shields alone used to be a regular Bus (Priory Coaches) that used to run in 70/80s stopped about 86 then had to get Ferry and E1 bus to match unless my old man wasn't working on match day
Still see some of the older lads off priory bus at North shields games that still follow the lads

Follow Sunderland and North Shields and Hate the scum!! FTM

Ps Thanks Dad for making me Red and White and now your Grand children are Red and white

I
I've no doubt it's probably been mentioned on here before but are there many on here/ how wide scale is our following in Northumberland and Tyneside?

Since migrating to Ponteland I've seen a few red n white (no doubt there's more). I also know we have an appreciable following in Alnwick, Prudhoe and Corbridge but is this generally the case and are there other areas that are renowned for SAFC fan base?

I live in Fawdon and it's 100% barcode. Rough as well. Been a tough 10 years up here but the silence on derby day when they are beaten is brilliant. Doesn't stop my little 7 year old wearing his Sunderland shirt. I call that resilience.

I

I live in Fawdon and it's 100% barcode. Rough as well. Been a tough 10 years up here but the silence on derby day when they are beaten is brilliant. Doesn't stop my little 7 year old wearing his Sunderland shirt. I call that resilience.
Can't be 100% you are there man

I'm from Shields but been living west of Newcastle for a while now. Seen a few SAFC fans in tops in the deepest of Newcastle before in places like Westerhope/Fawdon etc.

Used to know a lad who was born and bred Newcastle but decided to support Sunderland to piss of his family and school mates when he was really young, often see him at Monument Metro station on match days.

Was at ponteland high school then Newcastle college in the Keegan era, that was character building. Live out near hexham now and there is a few of us out here. My 6 year old came back from school a few backs complaining that everyone at school said sunderland were rubbish and Newcastle were the best.
After a little chat he went back the next day and asked his mates, `if Sunderland are so rubbish why do they always beat Newcastle 3-0?`
Where abouts mate, if you don't mind me asking?

Left Northumberland in 1958 but was born in the late 40's at my grandparents (mothers side) at Choppington but lived out west of Morpeth, at Hartburn, where my dad worked. Was quite a few red and whites in and around Choppington - blokes who'd moved there from the Durham coalfields. I supported the lads because my dad and his brother did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back