Northumberland/Tyneside based SAFC fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no doubt it's probably been mentioned on here before but are there many on here/ how wide scale is our following in Northumberland and Tyneside?

Since migrating to Ponteland I've seen a few red n white (no doubt there's more). I also know we have an appreciable following in Alnwick, Prudhoe and Corbridge but is this generally the case and are there other areas that are renowned for SAFC fan base?

I've no doubt it's probably been mentioned on here before but are there many on here/ how wide scale is our following in Northumberland and Tyneside?

Since migrating to Ponteland I've seen a few red n white (no doubt there's more). I also know we have an appreciable following in Alnwick, Prudhoe and Corbridge but is this generally the case and are there other areas that are renowned for SAFC fan base?

My dad of 74 is Sunderland daft, born in Bedlington and now living in Wideopen - he's even painted his front door red with a white letter box. Our family don't have any connection with the City of Sunderland, dad just said when he was a kid he used to go to St James one week and Roker the next - said he fell in love with Sunderland as he got older and it stuck.

People move about so there will be loads. The Tyne tunnel is packed on matchdays

I used to work with Bobby & Jack Charlton's cousin Davy Charlton who was from Ashington, and he was a staunch Sunderland supporter.

Apparently there's quite a few Sunderland supporters up that neck of the woods.

Fair few like myself live in areas like Heaton, Jesmond, Gosforth etc but have usually moved there from south of the Tyne. Somewhere like the Bodega in the centre of Newcastle is pretty SAFC friendly providing the Mags aren't at home that day.

My dad of 74 is Sunderland daft, born in Bedlington and now living in Wideopen - he's even painted his front door red with a white letter box. Our family don't have any connection with the City of Sunderland, dad just said when he was a kid he used to go to St James one week and Roker the next - said he fell in love with Sunderland as he got older and it stuck.
Good story mate
Very similar with my old man- said he got the train from Heworth to both games and admired our fans whilst newcastle fans would repeatedly mug each other hence supporting the lads for so long and (thankfully) getting me to see the light as well

Not many that I know of here in Killingworth, although when we moved into this house our next door neighbour turned out to be a Sunderland supporter. They moved after a couple of years though, so now I'm left to do the missionary work around here myself.

Saw a lad in Sunderland shirt at a match at Ashington the other day - I don't think that there is quite the stigma attached to this up there.

Not many that I know of here in Killingworth, although when we moved into this house our next door neighbour turned out to be a Sunderland supporter. They moved after a couple of years though, so now I'm left to do the missionary work around here myself.
I know a few from round your way like mate through work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back