Northumberland/Tyneside based SAFC fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aye he's a great lad , likes a drink aswell !
Speak to him quite a bit on Facebook as I've moved away now , still see him at the matches .

You'll know the rest of the Indus bus lot then? Mark Hall, Gus, etc?

I've lived in/around Ponteland since I was 7ish. Had to go through middle school during the Keegan 'Entertainers' era.

Was at ponteland high school then Newcastle college in the Keegan era, that was character building. Live out near hexham now and there is a few of us out here. My 6 year old came back from school a few backs complaining that everyone at school said sunderland were rubbish and Newcastle were the best.
After a little chat he went back the next day and asked his mates, `if Sunderland are so rubbish why do they always beat Newcastle 3-0?`

Moved over here about 6 years ago and there is loads more of us than I would have thought! Loads in the pit villages in Northumberland anarl. Plenty of Red & White get into the Cumberland like.

Was at ponteland high school then Newcastle college in the Keegan era, that was character building. Live out near hexham now and there is a few of us out here. My 6 year old came back from school a few backs complaining that everyone at school said sunderland were rubbish and Newcastle were the best.
After a little chat he went back the next day and asked his mates, `if Sunderland are so rubbish why do they always beat Newcastle 3-0?`
Excellent! I have 3 young kids and I'm making sure they know who they support from a very young age, my 3 year old twins have already been to a couple of games.
We live in chapel house so I suspect my kids will more than likely be the only 3 SAFC fans in their school. Which will be ponteland or walbottle.
Gonna have to put up with a lot bless em

Anyone know two lads from Cramlington who used to go home and away in the late 70's and early 80's? They might've gone outside that period but that's when i knew them. One used to wear a green pilot's type jacket. As it happens both of them were called Paul. If i remember right they're older than me so probably 50's or maybe 60's now.

Did Paul follow Celtic as well?

I used to get to some away games with two lads, Paul and Gary they were from Cramlington.

It still has a bad reputation but there is hardly any bother there. You'll know Hoggy the goalie then?

its always had a rep, but never seen any bother there. The only argument I have seen was between two blokes who were arguing if it was a sunderland or newcastle supporters bar.

Loads of us in Ashington. The Block and Tackle, Premier (Pronounced Prime-ear) and Searchers gets plenty of Sunderland fans. The latter two you may not want to go into if you are not from those parts.

The Prime-ear is quite the experience :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back