Northumberland/Tyneside based SAFC fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
i arrived in wooler yesterday and 2 young lads were coming down the main street with sunderland tops on. All mags last night on the drink though

I was at the Glendale show up that way last week. There was as many SAFC tops on show as there were NUFC like. :)

Nice part of the world as well, decent folk.

I've no doubt it's probably been mentioned on here before but are there many on here/ how wide scale is our following in Northumberland and Tyneside?

Since migrating to Ponteland I've seen a few red n white (no doubt there's more). I also know we have an appreciable following in Alnwick, Prudhoe and Corbridge but is this generally the case and are there other areas that are renowned for SAFC fan base?
I'm the one safc fan in North Shields

You lot can be so pathetic at times.

It's common knowledge that there are villages in Co Durham that are predominantly black and white and villages in Northumberland that are red and white. People are a lot more mobile than they were 50 years ago so why should there be any surprise that people in Newcastle support Sunderland and vice versa.

Speaking from experience, the reason people in County Durham follow Newcastle is nothing to do with 'people being a lot more mobile'.

Are there villages in County Durham that are predominantly black and white? They must be in North West Durham where it's closer to Newcastle and there's your answer - nothing to do with 'mobility'.

The reason others in County Durham follow Newcastle, is, in my opinion, because they are the more glamorous club. If anything, the people of County Durham have been very loyal to SAFC - for example, in my part it's pretty much 95% SAFC and when you consider we're 15 to 20 miles from Sunderland and we've generally been poor since the 1950s, then it speaks volumes for our loyalty to the club passed down through the generations.

Our lass (no) lives in Cramlington, and theres a canny few SAFC round there, surprisingly so really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back