Northumberland/Tyneside based SAFC fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are quite a few of us in Blyth and Bedlington and the surrounding areas and class ourselves as northumbrians rather than Geordies or Mackems and I often find these are the most loyal , passionate supporters
Too true were the resistance against these vile bastards. Putting them in their place when they get out of hand.

Born and bred in Sunderland.
Left aged 18 in 1984.
Moved around Britain a bit and then ended up in Jesmond in Newcastle 4 or so years ago.
My 11 year old son is a SAFC supporter and SAFC is the second team of the 16 year old Chelsea supporting son of my partner. :D

Easy for you to inconclusively insult someone without knowing the truth judgemental arse hole. Been through this and apologised for my error in sharing perceived reliable information. for it to grind on you so much still is f***ing pathetic and you should give your head a shake tosser
So Borini isn't having a medical?

Off topic but I remember a lad called Neil from Amble way. Married a lass from sunderland (Elaine?) used to go away regular - ring any bells still getting away?
Neil lives in Ashington these day, though no longer with Elaine. Massive fans lads for years but was a Liverpool fan when I first met him! Took him to his first game at Roker (West Ham League Cup 1979) and he was converted (though he did have a slight wobble a couple of years later which I won't embarrass him about too much) Mainly goes to the Spartans these days

I am from blyth and went to home games with the blyth supporters club ave been in jock land for 20 years now.dont know if there is a big following there now.

I live near westerhope in newcastle. Not from here but been here a year or so.

Get loads of funny looks when I wear a SAFC top

I saw 1 bloke about 6 months ago in westerhope with a SAFC polo top on, I acted as if I'd seen some sort of friggin celebrity
it was me n my son i recon outside barclays

I saw 1 bloke about 6 months ago in westerhope with a SAFC polo top on, I acted as if I'd seen some sort of friggin celebrity
Haydon Bridge has more SAFC season ticket holders than NUFC ones. :cool:
i mackie n davey gems known them near 40 years

Last edited:

Anyone know two lads from Cramlington who used to go home and away in the late 70's and early 80's? They might've gone outside that period but that's when i knew them. One used to wear a green pilot's type jacket. As it happens both of them were called Paul. If i remember right they're older than me so probably 50's or maybe 60's now.

I used to sit in the main stand seats at Roker with some lads from Ashington. Sound lads and f***ing mental :lol:
I watch the match in Baku, Azerbaijan with an SAFC supporter from Ashington, he is also sound and fooking mental too. Must be something in the water !

What sort of retort is that? Get it f***ing sorted. This is the internet. You can say what you want. Tit? That sounds like someone that shops at Aldi, in the internet stakes wars. Tell him you will cut off his head and wear it as a hat. That might grab some attention.

Nurse Ratchet, a blue one please.

I live in Newcastle, and when I get on at South Gosforth on a matchday I normally see at least a handful of other red and white stripes poking out from under coats whilst waiting on the station.

I lived in Newcastle from the age of 7, ( I reach Blep age next week).

There are a few of us around.

I used to get on at South Gosforth pretty regularly but I rarely had any colours on.

Mate who I used to drink with in the Mill View had his old folks living in Forest Hall.

I live in Ryton and thought I was the only Sunderland fan in the village until I bought my current house and found out that the people directly across the road are also massive lads fans. We are everywhere.

Let us know which game and we will have a 'Butchers'.

My parents house was The Grove in Ryton next to the Green, my Dad is a big Sunderland fan. I lived there briefly in the 90's.

Last edited:
You are officially off my Christmas Card list :evil:;)
Really sorry it's just so many wind up user names on here haha. If the pic you posted of you is you : )

Mate who I used to drink with in the Mill View had his old folks living in Forest Hall.

I live in Ryton and thought I was the only Sunderland fan in the village until I bought my current house and found out that the people directly across the road are also massive lads fans. We are everywhere.

Let us know which game and we will have a 'Butchers'.
Man city I hope . Flights booked

i mackie n davey gems known them near 40 years
Mackie is the one who has tattoos on neck etc and quite crazy ?

Who knows the postie from Northumberland with a Ted Bovis haircut

Last edited:
Do they still call it the Star Wars bar ?
Played football for them around 19 yrs ago, we had a great team then .

It still has a bad reputation but there is hardly any bother there. You'll know Hoggy the goalie then?

Like @Crammy Mackem and a few others have said. There's a few about but from what i've seen round here (Cramlington, Blyth, Bedlington etc) I'd say Ashington has the largest number of fans.

I Might be wrong but hasn't it got something to do with when the pits were open why there is such a number of fans brought up there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back