Micah Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.

You've got to laugh at posters desperately trying to convince themselves that this would be a good signing.

Hes had one very poor season at Villa. Prior to that most would have had probably taken him.
You wouldn't take any villa players out of Interest?
Would you have had Jamie Vardy before this season?
Alonso was very poor at Bolton.

Didn't Richards do all right a Fiorentina?

So all you're doing is distancing yourself from anyone suggesting he'd be a good signing, whilst also slagging off everyone who says he wouldn't be a good a signing?

Not at all, I just haven't seen enough of Micah Richards over the last few years, to comment on his ability to perform whilst observing that the people of this forum have form for getting it absolutely wrong about a number of players. I don't think that I slagged anyone off, just pointed out some facts.

Eichards was decent at his early city days granting him international call ups ever since he has been pushed down the pecking order and went off the scene

Its a no from me. At most a years loan then make a decision

Hes had one very poor season at Villa. Prior to that most would have had probably taken him.
You wouldn't take any villa players out of Interest?
Would you have had Jamie Vardy before this season?
Alonso was very poor at Bolton.

Didn't Richards do all right a Fiorentina?

Only Villa player I would take is the left back Amavi and he barely played last season due to a bad injury.

A player can excel even in relegated teams, Redmond at Norwich and Townsend at the mags for example. Richards did not excel at all, he is a laughing joke amongst Villa fans and a quick look at their forum will tell you how much they hate him and they can't believe their luck that some mugs are prepared to give them £5m for him.

Only Villa player I would take is the left back Amavi and he barely played last season due to a bad injury.

A player can excel even in relegated teams, Redmond at Norwich and Townsend at the mags for example. Richards did not excel at all, he is a laughing joke amongst Villa fans and a quick look at their forum will tell you how much they hate him and they can't believe their luck that some mugs are prepared to give them £5m for him.

Neither did Winegum at the mags but he's just been sold for £25m :eek:

Your not often going to see a defender excel in a relegated side.
Redmond wasn't starting in games , due to his unwillingness to track back etc.

Would you have had him this time last year ? I seem to recall couple years back Where Gus blocked a deal for him and there was an uproar on this forum.

As for the villa team last year. Lescott was the main target from what I saw.
Don't get me wrong , he had an awful season.

I don't see why Richards and a right back couldn't be an option.

It would mean keeping billy Jones would leave us sorted In defence. ( and young lads )

Oh I'd have Ayew and Westwood too.

Haven't seen him play for years, yet I still think this is an awful deal. High wages, no affiliation with Sunderland, muscle-bound, incredibly injury-prone and no resale value. He's precisely the type we shouldn't be buying, particularly in our financial position.

Slightly off topic, on Richards' wiki page Stuart Pearce states "I have not worked with anyone so good and so young." Ignoring his shit grammar, how can anyone that's been in the game so long have such consistently poor judgment?!

When he burst onto the scene at Man City he looked for all the world like he was going to be a great player. Sadly he's never looked anywhere near like fulfilling that eat,y potential. Presumably Sam (and hopefully Moyes if it's true that we're still keen on signing Richards) still sees a glimmer of hope that we can unearth a player from the car crash of recent seasons.

5 million we cant really go wrong. 13 England caps, natural athlete. Surely better taking a punt than loaning someone like yedlin, improving them no end then being right back to square one next summer.

Also l know villa were f***ing rank but I seem to remember him fronting up and talking to the fans in a fa cup game. At least it shows some character as the rest of the villa players were nowhere to be seen

That's total speculation. You can only judge him based on what you have seen. And that is a 28 year old living off the promise he showed 10 years ago. He was dire last season, for some reason thinks he's a centre back when he's all over the place. I'd steer well clear. Saying you'd rather have him than Jones is neither here nor there. For one thing I'm not sure I would and it isn't a straight choice between the two.

How poor was PVA and Yedlin until Sam gothe through to them??

Totally different setup, manager and atmosphere at us compared to Villa.

I'm not saying I would get him, but he might do a decent job.

How poor was PVA and Yedlin until Sam gothe through to them??

Totally different setup, manager and atmosphere at us compared to Villa.

I'm not saying I would get him, but he might do a decent job.
And how great was Rodwell under Sam? It might work out but you don't know until it happens. And at 28 (which I was surprised at) he's probably not got much improvement in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back