gus isnt in charge of recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I say mate - where do you expect us to be with this team?

At least 5 or 6 points better off.
Problem is the system and him fitting players into it restricts us massively, until he changes things, which he won't, we will not see any different.

What budget mate? We spent next to fuck all on transfers, whether he is to blame or not. Rodwell excluded per my initial post (he's not necessarily a flop, and it wasn't that much money!)
when your net spend is 9.5 million then 10 million is massive yet people on here reckon he just rubber stamped the deal even though he wasnt his choice and doesnt fit his system:confused:

Problem is the system and him fitting players into it restricts us massively, until he changes things, which he won't, we will not see any different.

Top half with a team that has been lucky to survive two years on the bounce?

2/3 losses on the bounce and the reality of picking up all these draws will start to sink in on here.

when your net spend is 9.5 million then 10 million is massive yet people on here reckon he just rubber stamped the deal even though he wasnt his choice and doesnt fit his system:confused:

Quite honestly that money is peanuts ....... No idea of he rubber stamped the deal but it's not a lot of money into days market and would not solve our problems - a striker who can f***ing score!

Yes, if we didn't have a clown picking the team and tactics.

So you'd sack gus?

people are missing the point it's poyet who is complaining.
Had he come out and said we have played a certain way away from home and set up to be hard to beat against the better sides that would be fair enough.
Had he pointed to being without 2/3 of his more attacking players for a fair bit of the season again fair enough.
However he seems to be suggesting this is it, he isn't going to set us up differently and that's because our players don't have the quality. I disagree with that we have plenty of attacking talent to go at any of the bottom 12 teams in the league.

Quite honestly that money is peanuts ....... No idea of he rubber stamped the deal but it's not a lot of money into days market and would not solve our problems - a striker who can f***ing score!

So you'd sack gus?

No, I'd give him a slap across the chops and tell him to wake up.

It's obviously a combination.

Gus clearly has a say but clearly not as mch as he would like. His comments about wanting pace he kept repeating in the summer led to no pace whatsoever being brought in. Clearly not poyets choice.

However, he had a say before they are signed imo
He says that Buckley is his pace.

I'm absolutely convinced that Poyet used his veto frequently over the summer. In fact the only clear example of us getting a Congerton player is PvA and at a third of the price I'm certain that he was a better deal than the one that Gus droned on about. The fella must be an absolute nightmare to work with in this respect.

I'm absolutely convinced that Poyet used his veto frequently over the summer. In fact the only clear example of us getting a Congerton player is PvA and at a third of the price I'm certain that he was a better deal than the one that Gus droned on about. The fella must be an absolute nightmare to work with in this respect.

If he did use his veto frequently - which neither you nor I know - then surely that's fair enough. Why should he accept players that he doesn't want / doesn't think will fit, when it's his job on the line. It's surely important that the Manager / Head Coach has players he wants there. It's not as if we were looking to spend more money and just couldn't because Poyet didn't want us to. If Di Canio had had more gumption, bollocks, and footballing knowledge, and a bit less arrogance that he could turn shite into worldbeaters by being a cunt, we might not have spunked millions of pounds on shite like Cabral, Roberge, Diakite, Altidore, Moberg Karlsson, and Dossena.

so why do people say he is "shifting the blame" for not shouldering responsibility for something he has nowt to do with??
like gus said its congertons and the recruitment teams duty to get better players in in january. gus is just the head coach that trains, motivates and picks the team.
he can only work with the cards he has been dealt and he is doing a damn good job with a poor hand like
What a load of shit.

It's obviously a combination.

Gus clearly has a say but clearly not as mch as he would like. His comments about wanting pace he kept repeating in the summer led to no pace whatsoever being brought in. Clearly not poyets choice.

However, he had a say before they are signed imo

Yes, this ought to be obvious. But there's some on here can't get there heads round Poyet working collaboratively with Congerton, within the financial parameters set by Ellis/the board.

Why do people jump on the signings of Buckley and Bridcutt as if we've signed Benson and Hedges off Mike Bassett England Manager and they were only signed because the manager is mates with them.

Both were relatively cheap squad fillers that most importantly know the system Poyet plays.

Why do people jump on the signings of Buckley and Bridcutt as if we've signed Benson and Hedges off Mike Bassett England Manager and they were only signed because the manager is mates with them.

Both were relatively cheap squad fillers that most importantly know the system Poyet plays.
The system of utter boredom. Oh how lucky we are.

Reckon Rodwell was a Congerton player.

This

Not to mention with Bridcutt the effect it had on Cattermole, having someone in direct competition for his place. Catts has upped his game on the whole. Not every game maybe, but cracking form at the end of last season, and carried into this one.

If he did use his veto frequently - which neither you nor I know - then surely that's fair enough. Why should he accept players that he doesn't want / doesn't think will fit, when it's his job on the line. It's surely important that the Manager / Head Coach has players he wants there. It's not as if we were looking to spend more money and just couldn't because Poyet didn't want us to. If Di Canio had had more gumption, bollocks, and footballing knowledge, and a bit less arrogance that he could turn shite into worldbeaters by being a cunt, we might not have spunked millions of pounds on shite like Cabral, Roberge, Diakite, Altidore, Moberg Karlsson, and Dossena.
All of that is fine - wouldn't have it another way - but by being fully involved he loses the right to bleat on about it all the time as if these players were imposed on him against his will. I also don't believe that PDC wasn't involved either since the only evidence for this is from his own mouth btw.

You're right that I'm guessing but his quotes from the public domain before, during and after the summer convince me I'm right. Its difficult to claim that a more pliant Gus would have certainly led to better players at SAFC this season - though the PvA example is an encouraging one - but we certainly would have filled the gaps in the squad.

Reckon Rodwell was a Congerton player.
then why would gus "rubber stamp" it if- a) he doesnt fit the system, b) he cost 95% of our transfer kitty and c) we have more than enough defensive midfielders?.
the poyet apologists jumping through hoops to defend him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back