gus isnt in charge of recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vergini has improved the starting eleven. Bridcutt and Buckley have improved the squad, which for the price we paid is all they can realistically have been expected to do. Players who improve the starting XI are likely going to cost a hell of a lot more than Buckley and Bridcutt, which is the point Poyet is trying to make.

No chance that Rodwell was a Poyet pick. He might have been happy to rubber stamp it when it was put in front of him, but he wouldn't have picked him.
would he be playing if jones was playing and is buckley really any better than mavrias and bridcutt was meant to be catts replacement but wasnt good enough.
why would he rubber stamp a £10 million player he had no need for when money is so tight:confused:

Think it's clear that Scocco, Vergini, Bridcutt and Buckley are all his signings.

And Coates.

so why do people say he is "shifting the blame" for not shouldering responsibility for something he has nowt to do with??
like gus said its congertons and the recruitment teams duty to get better players in in january. gus is just the head coach that trains, motivates and picks the team.
he can only work with the cards he has been dealt and he is doing a damn good job with a poor hand like

You can't tell me Poyet had 'nothing to do with' the signings of 2 Brighton players, a Uruguayan national (which he specifically stated he wanted) and Santiago Vergini. They are quite clearly, Poyet signings.

I am personally of the belief that a director of football is a good idea, if you have the right systems in place. Because at the end of the day, managers are often temporary... you'd like to think otherwise but we've had loads of managers since coming back up and all have had different transfer policies. If you have a good scouting system in place and a general policy (that works), then you're going to be looking for players constantly and be signing them no matter who the manager is.

Obviously they should work together... if Gus says he wants an attacking, pacy full-back; then the scouts go look for him, but Gus himself should be focusing on the football. We don't sign anyone that the manager really doesn't want, but we don't just sign players he wants if we can get better.

There is no doubt in my mind that Buckley, Bridcutt, Scocco, Vergini and Coates were all Gus signings. Not sure about Rodwell, I could definitely see that being Congerton. Not sure about PVA, but given his Chelsea links, I'm saying Congerton. Pantilimon too... Alvarez probably Gus.

Vergini is the only clear success story for Gus though.

so why do people say he is "shifting the blame" for not shouldering responsibility for something he has nowt to do with??
like gus said its congertons and the recruitment teams duty to get better players in in january. gus is just the head coach that trains, motivates and picks the team.
he can only work with the cards he has been dealt and he is doing a damn good job with a poor hand like
Then its a shit system which basically lets people like you spout shit about who's accountable. Poyet should have the final say on all things relating to the team, be it scouts, coaches, physios etc.

Hiya Gus

Who knows exactly how our transfer system works. And given how shit it has been the air of mystery is totally understandable among those in the frame for all this.

Gus is the manager. You cant tell me hes had zero say at any point. His laughable signings are down to him, and if it really is true that he has had no say, Then he needs to grow a pair and speak up. The bloke had a wank transfer window last time. The gus love in is a joke

Gus is a good manager doing a good job man. I'm as content as I've been since the Reid days tbh...... Can't understand why people keep wanting to criticise the manager. He's bringing together a very average group of players and making them a pretty tough team to beat

Gus is a good manager doing a good job man. I'm as content as I've been since the Reid days tbh...... Can't understand why people keep wanting to criticise the manager. He's signing a very average group of players while complaining they have no quality and making them a pretty tough team to watch
tidied.

I personally don't think he is getting the best out of what he has got, until he changes his mentality towards the game he is always going to have that nonsense to fall back on.

The bloke is starting to sound like a right knob.

Where do you expect us to be with this team mate?

He's signed average players for average prices tbh. He hasn't had millions to spunk. He is getting criticised for managing a club routinely in relegation trouble at this time of year, and making them look solid.

Rodwell excluded from above - but jury is out on him, and tbh the price we paid for him wouldn't solve our problems anyway!

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do you expect us to be with this team mate?

Where we are with Gus and his stubbornness.
He has got us exactly where he deserves us to be a couple of poor results from the bottom three, think about it, the bloke starts Jozy if that's not enough to see his excuses are flawed I've no idea what is.

Absolute horse shit.
So are you saying its pure coincidence that we signed bridcut and buckley , nothing at all to do wth gus being their manager at brighton ?

Where we are with Gus and his stubbornness.
He has got us exactly where he deserves us to be a couple of poor results from the bottom three, think about it, the bloke starts Jozy if that's not enough to see his excuses are flawed I've no idea what is.

Like I say mate - where do you expect us to be with this team?

showing some kind of fight. he blew his entire budget on shite and sets us up like a league one side in a cup be it home or away.

What budget mate? We spent next to fuck all on transfers, whether he is to blame or not. Rodwell excluded per my initial post (he's not necessarily a flop, and it wasn't that much money!)

He's taken a team that should have been relegated last season to a team that looks extremely solid.

Absolute horse shit.
So are you saying its pure coincidence that we signed bridcut and buckley , nothing at all to do wth gus being their manager at brighton ?

Birdcutt and Buckley are ok

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back