gus isnt in charge of recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernon

Midfield
so why do people say he is "shifting the blame" for not shouldering responsibility for something he has nowt to do with??
like gus said its congertons and the recruitment teams duty to get better players in in january. gus is just the head coach that trains, motivates and picks the team.
he can only work with the cards he has been dealt and he is doing a damn good job with a poor hand like

It's obviously a combination.

Gus clearly has a say but clearly not as mch as he would like. His comments about wanting pace he kept repeating in the summer led to no pace whatsoever being brought in. Clearly not poyets choice.

However, he had a say before they are signed imo

so why do people say he is "shifting the blame" for not shouldering responsibility for something he has nowt to do with??
like gus said its congertons and the recruitment teams duty to get better players in in january. gus is just the head coach that trains, motivates and picks the team.
he can only work with the cards he has been dealt and he is doing a damn good job with a poor hand like

because he keeps bringing the recruitment process up as if he is a bit discontent with it. He clearly he has a lot of influence in who comes in, that much is obvious from our signings. He signed a contract in the summer with the recruitment strategy in place so if he didn't like it he shouldn't have signed it. He can't keep bringing it up and distancing himself from it. That is pure self-preservatory back covering.

Its a bit like a midfielder constantly downplaying his role when strikers don't score goals. Yes, the strikers have to hit the net but midfielders are clearly partly responsible for that.

I like Poyet, I think he is doing a steady job but this is the one thing that irks me very slightly about him

dont believe (nor have i read ) gp is blaming anyone, certainly not congerton.
he knows he needs better players, he knows there are financial constraints.
unfortunately the spoilt brat skyboys dont want to hear that. they expect chelsea results with hartlepool budgets.
we have lost money hand over fist for years. successive managers have populated the squad largely with also rans. when people lament the leaving of the likes of colback, that shows how low our stocks are.
we are slowly rebuilding and remodelling. getting rid of overpaid shite, becoming more difficult to be beaten. unfortunately some amongst us have the patience span of a breastfed hungry infant.

Well obviously he isn't

Congerton is a renowned fan of Buckley. Used to watch Coates on a regular basis for Uruguay too

unfortunately the spoilt brat skyboys dont want to hear that. they expect chelsea results with hartlepool budgets.
we have lost money hand over fist for years. successive managers have populated the squad largely with also rans. when people lament the leaving of the likes of colback, that shows how low our stocks are.
we are slowly rebuilding and remodelling. getting rid of overpaid shite, becoming more difficult to be beaten. unfortunately some amongst us have the patience span of a breastfed hungry infant.
The person coming out of it most like a spoilt brat is Poyet.

Poyet was asked when his patience with them would run out(strikers).
“When I’ve got another one,” he quipped.

“At West Ham one of their favourite shapes is a diamond in the middle. If I play that with this team? Haha!”

“We look organised and difficult to beat, we’re trying to pass the ball as much as we can with the quality of players we have"

fair to say hes failing at that side of it.

How much have they cost? Also - only one of those has been a flop.
how many of poyets signings have improved our starting 11 or brought the quality he is demanding to the team?.

im assuming you include poyet in this?.

£10 million spent on his replacement but cant even get in the team.

Last edited:
It's obviously a combination.

Gus clearly has a say but clearly not as mch as he would like. His comments about wanting pace he kept repeating in the summer led to no pace whatsoever being brought in. Clearly not poyets choice.

However, he had a say before they are signed imo

Exactly.

Guy clearly said "look, I know these few, and I think they'd be canny if you can get them in". And the DoF did that.

how many of poyets signings have improved our starting 11 or brought the quality he is demanding to the team?.

Vergini has improved the starting eleven. Bridcutt and Buckley have improved the squad, which for the price we paid is all they can realistically have been expected to do. Players who improve the starting XI are likely going to cost a hell of a lot more than Buckley and Bridcutt, which is the point Poyet is trying to make.

No chance that Rodwell was a Poyet pick. He might have been happy to rubber stamp it when it was put in front of him, but he wouldn't have picked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back