gus isnt in charge of recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think its f***ing awful. I support SAFC and not Gus Poyet FC. There's much I like about Gus and unlike many on here I am content to see us build a solid - if dull - foundation right now. However, his sniping at the club is utterly abhorrent IMO and does absolutely nothing positive for the club. If all it does is help Gus then it's something that I'm very much against.

I'm not even sure it's sniping. All he's doing is reminding those above him of their responsibilities publically. He may not feel he's getting anywhere privately. However, that also means he's got no right to take the huff if Short or Congerton reminds him of his responsibilities. I would prefer it all out in the open to be honest, because I want to avoid a repeat of the Di Canio fiasco where we'll likely never know fully how it went to shit.

Rubbish - the sensible people can see that not losing is a platform from which to build a side and eventually start winning. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

How can we though, he's said he doesn't have the quality he needs to play his game, therefore he is saying we have got to settle for second best.

It's not something you want to hear off the person who is supposed to get the best out of his squad, he's seems just like another typical fanny of a Sunderland manager.

Wish he would just shut up and get on with what he's paid to do, if he can't, he should just fuck off.

Wonder if he complains when the bin is full in the house and blames his Mrs for not getting a bigger one instead of emptying it, 'Well I didn't buy the bin, it's nothing to do with me'. :rolleyes:

Gus has had the largest transfer net spend in 7 years. We look "solid" because we defend deep and in great numbers, painful on the eye. Look at our 'goals for' tally. We are 2 points from a relegation berth; hardly the position of a "solid" team. He presided over the joint highest defeat in the club's 100 year+ history; some achievement. The money we paid for Rodwell is the 4th highest fee we've ever paid in our history so it can't be so easily dismissed. The "price we paid for him wouldn't solve our problems": Van Persie £2.75m, Tim Cahill £1.5m, Hart £600k, Hyppia £2.5m, Michu £2m, Vidic £7m, Schneiderlin £1.2m, Benteke £7m, Nathan Dyer £400k... and many, many more.

I still can't understand why our expectations are so low. We have the 6th highest average attendance in the country and the 13th highest wage bill. I don't accept that Stoke, Villa and WBA each have a better team than us. Drop the inferiority complex that helps perpetuate the Gus love-in.

With this team I expect us to be mid-table, no excuses.

Agreed - and we will be IMHO, or at least will be in future. We can't just jump there from being absolute dogshite for the last three years though...... We are building. I can see this, hence the gus love in.

It's obviously a combination.

Gus clearly has a say but clearly not as mch as he would like. His comments about wanting pace he kept repeating in the summer led to no pace whatsoever being brought in. Clearly not poyets choice.

However, he had a say before they are signed imo

He's on about bringing pace into the side and we bring in Buckley which he clearly had a say in. Doesn't make sense to me like.

How can we though, he's said he doesn't have the quality he needs to play his game, therefore he is saying we have got to settle for second best.

It's not something you want to hear off the person who is supposed to get the best out of his squad, he's seems just like another typical fanny of a Sunderland manager.

Wish he would just shut up and get on with what he's paid to do, if he can't, he should just fuck off.

Wonder if he complains when the bin is full in the house and blames his Mrs for not getting a bigger one instead of emptying it, 'Well I didn't buy the bin, it's nothing to do with me'. :rolleyes:

If you can't see the huge improvement that we have made since he came through the door, then that's your problem. He's pointed out that as solid a team as he's made us, we don't have the quality to take our chances and it's costing us points. He's entitled - and right - to do that.

If you can't see the huge improvement that we have made since he came through the door, then that's your problem. He's pointed out that as solid a team as he's made us, we don't have the quality to take our chances and it's costing us points. He's entitled - and right - to do that.

There's not a huge improvement, just a slight one, his win percentage is not much better than Bruce and O Neills, another 8 games and he will have been in charge the same number as MON, at the present time he has less than a 1% advantage on him.

Gus P58 W19 D17 L22 32.76%

MON P66 W21 D 20 L25 31.82%

Those next 8 games are Newcastle, Hull, Villa, Man City, Leeds, Liverpool, Spurs and Burnley.

For him to extend that 1% we need to win at least 3 of those games, we've won 3 games all season including the cup.

There's not a huge improvement, just a slight one, his win percentage is not much better than Bruce and O Neills, another 8 games and he will have been in charge the same number as MON, at the present time he has less than a 1% advantage on him.

Gus P58 W19 D17 L22 32.76%

MON P66 W21 D 20 L25 31.82%

Those next 8 games are Newcastle, Hull, Villa, Man City, Leeds, Liverpool, Spurs and Burnley.

For him to extend that 1% we need to win at least 3 of those games, we've won 3 games all season including the cup.

Poyet took over an absolute shitstorm and has improved is massively, despite being asked to polish a particularly runny turd. It's absolutely blatant.

Once again people choose to throw that kind of shot stat around without any consideration whatsoever of how difficult our fixtures have been so far this season.

To compare us under O'Neill to us under Poyet is laughable.

Poyet took over an absolute shitstorm and has improved is massively, despite being asked to polish a particularly runny turd. It's absolutely blatant.

Once again people choose to throw that kind of shot stat around without any consideration whatsoever of how difficult our fixtures have been so far this season.

To compare us under O'Neill to us under Poyet is laughable.

How is it..?
There is not much difference between the two in terms of results, you can't get a better comparison than that.

Both very frustrating managers, not willing to do anything different and neither with a winning mentality.

We're currently on a run of 6 without a victory, it needs to change.

This blaming the players is getting a bit boring now, he is the one that picks them or is he, I'm not sure, does the coach do that or we got someone else to blame for that one.

14 months on and even the players that didn't play under him are having nightmares about the Di Canio shitstorm. The real victims like Fletch and Cattermole are still on medication. :D

How is it..?
There is not much difference between the two in terms of results, you can't get a better comparison than that.

Both very frustrating managers, not willing to do anything different and neither with a winning mentality.

We're currently on a run of 6 without a victory, it needs to change.

This blaming the players is getting a bit boring now, he is the one that picks them or is he, I'm not sure, does the coach do that or we got someone else to blame for that one.
O'Neill did have the opportunity to go out and spend 32m on Fletcher, Johnson, Graham & N'Diaye - without much worry about balancing that loss.
He also got progressively worse throughout the 2nd season, and we appeared to have no pattern of play whatsoever.

Gus, relatively has spent next to nowt. Rodwell is a very dodgy commitment at the moment mind, but it's early days. We do have a clear style under Gus, and whilst we play it a little too far back down the pitch, I would think this will alter as we get our fullbacks fit, and as we enter the 2nd half of the season against lower ranked opposition.

For me, whilst I do have some reservations about GP, he has a much clearer vision than MON had, we are harder to beat, and we as a club in general are cutting our cloth far better.

We had a clear style to begin with but show little at present, Poyet seems to blame that on the "limited" resources at his disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back